• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Daisuke Namikawa, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Nobuhiko Okamoto Join Ace of Diamond Anime's Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:40 am Reply with quote
Is this a joke? Three of my favorite seiyuu (four if you count Morita) in an anime I'm not even remotely interested in? Why are you so cruel to me, Japan? I'm going to have to watch it, and it's not fair!
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 3:58 am Reply with quote
Well, this is an anime I AM interested in because I like sports anime and they have so many of my favorite seiyuu in it! It's like Kuroko no Basuke all over again! Embarassed Embarassed
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:35 am Reply with quote
Same here interested in the seiyuu & the sports. Just hope it has a good script.
Darkmagick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 6:43 am Reply with quote
There's a slight error in the article. Morita's role isn't Ichiro Tanbako, it's Koichiro Tanba.

That aside, I am super hyped for this. I liked the manga when I read it, and it's a team-up between Madhouse and Production I.G. I'm expecting some freaking awesome animation.
sakuragtin

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:03 am Reply with quote
Sports and Nobuhiko Okamoto? Thank you Japan. It was awesome enough to know I was getting more then one sports anime in the fall but this is just icing on the cake. Laughing
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:23 am Reply with quote
Namikawa is one of the best "young VAs" in Japan, if not the best, even ahead of Miyano. Love his Al from Gundam 0080, love his Rock, love a lot of voices from him. Don't care for anyone else here. Only Namikawa.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
Namikawa is one of the best "young VAs" in Japan, if not the best, even ahead of Miyano. Love his Al from Gundam 0080, love his Rock, love a lot of voices from him. Don't care for anyone else here. Only Namikawa.

I seriously doubt that. Namikawa's voice is really annoying in my mind, and not attractive at all. He's one of the only male voice actors I dread hearing in an anime. He's fine as a comedic character like Italy, but...
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:36 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:

I seriously doubt that. Namikawa's voice is really annoying in my mind, and not attractive at all. He's one of the only male voice actors I dread hearing in an anime. He's fine as a comedic character like Italy, but...

Waver, Hisoka, Squealer, Hampnie Humber (recent roles) The man has amazing range & can do way more than comedy.
noblesse oblige

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:41 am Reply with quote
God-bless you Japan, for sharing the same love for baseball! I will definitely be watching this.
YamadaKun

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:30 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
YamadaKun wrote:

Really? I've never, ever heard a negative opinion towards Namikawa. Never. You're the first person who dislikes Namikawa's voice. You're not trolling, are ya? Please tell me you're not trolling. -.-
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:47 pm Reply with quote
YamadaKun wrote:
mewpudding101 wrote:
YamadaKun wrote:

Really? I've never, ever heard a negative opinion towards Namikawa. Never. You're the first person who dislikes Namikawa's voice. You're not trolling, are ya? Please tell me you're not trolling. -.-

Sorry for the late reply. No, I'm not trolling. I think his vocal range sounds too nasaly and kind of sounds like a nasal goat to me... But that's just me! And quite a few other people... But you are completely free to like him! Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1