• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Gatchaman Crowds TV Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blaizevincent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:49 pm Reply with quote
I hope they get this on BD, not the best show ever but its cool and looks gorgeous
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:51 pm Reply with quote
Hajime 4-eva! Not sure I'll need to own this after I finish watching the CR stream, but weirder things have happened.
mdo7

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 1:52 pm Reply with quote
Well that was quick, can't wait to see this getting release next year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
Sweet this one would be worth getting on BD
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 8:32 pm Reply with quote
Sounds good, looking for a BD too.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:55 am Reply with quote
If Sentai does plan on dubbing this, hopefully they will choose the right female VA to tackle Hajime's crazy personality without sounding overbearing and annoying. Now who can pull that off....?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
If Sentai does plan on dubbing this, hopefully they will choose the right female VA to tackle Hajime's crazy personality without sounding overbearing and annoying. Now who can pull that off....?

10 bucks says they use Brittany Karbowski.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:26 pm Reply with quote
SpacemanHardy wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Personally i would LOVE to have Stephanie Sheh do her. She plays a pretty good airhead (for example watch K-on) if you ask me and one my favorite female voice actors.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:29 pm Reply with quote
leatherhead333 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Personally i would LOVE to have Stephanie Sheh do her. She plays a pretty good airhead (for example watch K-on) if you ask me and one my favorite female voice actors.

Well Hajime isn't an airhead. She's been pretty spot on in her decisions and calculating so far. She should not be underestimated.
yuna49

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:59 pm Reply with quote
When a show gets licensed mid-season like this, has the licensor already seen the remaining episodes, or are they judging based on what has been telecast? I know that some studios like SHAFT are notorious for working on episodes right up until they air, so I'd guess the licensor often knows no more than we do at the time they decide. It's probably also less of a risk in an anime-original production like Gatchaman Crowds where the producers do not have to figure out how to end a series whose manga is still being written.

So, Sentai, now that you have latched on to Nakamura's last two works for Tatsunoko, maybe you might consider releasing Mononoke even though it's from Toei? I'd love to see a more affordable Blu-ray version of the entire fifteen episodes including the "Bakeneko" arc like the Japanese release. It doesn't even need to be dubbed. No one will ever touch Sakurai's performance as the Apothecary in this show. The original English release of "Bakeneko" is just horrible in comparison.
leatherhead333

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 1:36 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
leatherhead333 wrote:
SpacemanHardy wrote:
darkchibi07 wrote:

Well Hajime isn't an airhead. She's been pretty spot on in her decisions and calculating so far. She should not be underestimated.
I'm well aware that Hajime isn't a complete ditz but she certainly gives off that impression is my point. She has a airhead personality but understands situations more than people give her credit for. Given how crazy she acts all the time i'd say she is nothing short of a hybrid airhead + hidden genius xD.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1