• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Kamichu! DVD 4

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:09 am Reply with quote
Clearly, this reviewer is biased against cute anime. Only an A minus for nearly every category? That's unforgivable. Very Happy

I absolutely loved this series. Almost everything about it was perfect. If I had to complain about something, it would be the Martian episode, which seemed really out of place and not as good as everything else. The Cat episode was a bit different than other episodes, but I really enjoyed that one.

It's a damn shame there weren't more episodes, but after hearing the glowing review of the dub, I have an excuse to rewatch the series. After I clear out my 40+ DVD backlog. Sad
Whearn9999

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:50 am Reply with quote
This is one of my favorite series. It's one of those shows that you can just sit back and relax and let it's charm wash over you. I've only seen volumes one and two so far. Three and four are in my ever-growing backlog pile. So much anime, so little time.
bonbonsrus

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 2:00 pm Reply with quote
I just saw the last disk a few days ago and I admit, the ending was nice.
It is nearly impossible to not like the girls in this show and all the strange creatures in it.
selenta
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:36 pm Reply with quote
The music got a B?! Oh man...

The one and only anime soundtrack I own, is the soundtrack to this show. I stand by my initial opinion that this show has some of the best songs and music since Hack Sign. I love some of the songs from this show, they're a sort of pleasant mix of Celtic and classical asian (Chinese?) sounds. I guess some of the novelty of them has worn off by this point though, so I'll attribute the less than perfect music score to that Wink
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
chicogrande

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Even during the stranded alien episodes, which I think even then the story was trying to make a point involving the Japanese government and its relation to the US, Kamichu! is a welcome departure from most other Anime. The charming characters and laid back evironments will win over most fans in my opinion. The study into Japanese shintoism's belief that all things have a spirit provides a wonderful collection of "gods" which ranged from the bizzarre to the too-cute-for-their-own-good (I mean, you remember "Death", right?).

Thanks to Geneon for putting together a good release.
NinjaUmbreon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 11:39 am Reply with quote
Kamichu is one of my favorite serire. Well animated, the music and tone of the show is great. Now someone just needs to license Petopeto-San Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1