• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Attack on Titan Staff & Cast: More Anime Not Green-Lit Yet

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sainta

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:01 am Reply with quote
Sadly, they really need to wait some years to have more material to adapt.

The anime was awesome so it'll be worth waiting.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:03 am Reply with quote
With no spoilers, how far behind the manga is the tv show now?
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

It adapted a little over 33 out of 49 chapters.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:11 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

About 15-16 chapters it's very close
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:14 am Reply with quote
Okay, that's a bit further then I expected. Yeah, we probably shouldn't expect a second season until the end of 2014 at the earliest.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:49 am Reply with quote
I said in another thread, Shingeki is going to be the new "HEY WHEN IS SEASON 2 YOU GUISE" just like High School of the Dead. Though, at least Shingeki is actively being worked on and not likely abandoned.
grooven

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:00 am Reply with quote
It will only be a matter of time. Great last episode too might I add!
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:13 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:
Okay, that's a bit further then I expected. Yeah, we probably shouldn't expect a second season until the end of 2014 at the earliest.

That's true assuming they want to do another 26 episode block. Which might indeed be best. Although it's possible they could simply do 13 episodes in the mean time.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
ikillchicken wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

That's true assuming they want to do another 26 episode block. Which might indeed be best. Although it's possible they could simply do 13 episodes in the mean time.

If the manga does last about 20 volumes like planned, I could see one 13 episode season plus another 26 episode season. (For reference, these first 25 episodes were around 8 volumes worth of material.)
One-Eye

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote
With all the merchandising that's come out, plus a prequel manga, and I think there's been a novel too (?) I would be surprised if they didn't continue the anime. I think they know they have a hit and unless something else comes to blow it out of the water they will milk it as much as they can. But yeah, I think we will be waiting at least a year for another installment. They might also split that up too with like 12 episodes in spring 2015 and then another 12 in the following winter.
SonDavid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 am Reply with quote
They cannot have the green light when they don't have enough material. They can't OFFICIALLY say there will be a second season if they don't KNOW if they will have enough material. Of course, they KNOW they WILL have enough material in the future once chapters are done, but they never know what might happen that could prevent that.... So it's logical from a business stand point to not promise season 2 as long as they depend on Izayama's work.

Once the manga reaches a point where they don't need more chapters, it's not going to matter what happens with the progress of the manga from that point on, since they will still be able to do adapt what they have in a full 25 ep season. Kinda like Deadman Wondeland where the author got pregnant but the anime stopped chapters before she stopped drawing.

It's different from Psycho-Pass, for example, where their own studio (production i.g ) is the owner and creator of the story. So, once success and popularity were obvious, they didn't need to wait for some else to write the story they just came up with a sequel.

With Attack on Titan, obviously, popularity and success are not a concern to this point. Now, all the staff and cast implied they want to do it.... The only thing left is for the manga to have enough material to create an end point for season 2.

Anxiously waiting for that announcement. Spring 2015 or Fall 2015 seems to be the most logical dates, considering they need 17 more chapters (17 months) to have 33 chapters, which is the same amount of chapters season 1 covered.

Last edited by SonDavid on Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:37 am; edited 1 time in total
yu3lora

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:49 am Reply with quote
Don't lose hope! There's another live event of SnK this October 12. Hopefully, they'll announce it.. Rolling Eyes
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:48 am Reply with quote
There's still the OVA to look forward to but yeah, material wise, season 2 won't happen for at least a year or few.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CCharmanderK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:50 am Reply with quote
If they're gonna keep the Titan hype train going, waiting a few months and then doing a 12/13 episode season is the best option. Maybe even get that live-action film off the ground (I still think making it with Japanese actors is a stupid idea when the characters are largely of European descent).
Detrimont

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:54 am Reply with quote
One-Eye wrote:
With all the merchandising that's come out, plus a prequel manga, and I think there's been a novel too (?) I would be surprised if they didn't continue the anime. I think they know they have a hit and unless something else comes to blow it out of the water they will milk it as much as they can. But yeah, I think we will be waiting at least a year for another installment. They might also split that up too with like 12 episodes in spring 2015 and then another 12 in the following winter.

Yes, there was a series of prequel novels novels as well, 3 of them, which also has a manga adaption. then there's also the prequel manga based on Levi and Erwin, and the gag spinoff manga...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4