• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2013 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Keyl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Let's go!

I'm glad the first one wasn't a 1 or 2, which is usually the case for the early stuff
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Please, Zac, please, please tell me you'll be reviewing Diabolik Lovers. Laughing
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 pm Reply with quote
phoenixalia wrote:
Please, Zac, please, please tell me you'll be reviewing Diabolik Lovers. Laughing

I would love to see Zac review that too, but I think that premiered too early for the Preview Guide.

I have a feeling Zac will review Outbreak Company though. I wonder who will do reviews for Infinite Stratos 2 though?
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:40 pm Reply with quote
Yep Beyond the Boundary was exactly what I thought it was going to be.It had really bad dialogue that was desperately trying to be witty but it was really devoid of anything clever or funny.When compared to something written by NisiOisiN it really just seems very boring.The characters are also amazingly boring and even the concept behind the show has been done at 300 times already.I will tell you one thing this show nails down and those are the action scenes.They are pretty awesome,the director Taichi Ishidate uses off model animation and quick cuts in order to really bring out dynamism and explosiveness of action scenes.Also I really praise the focus on action poses that look cool and also quite nicely portray the eloquence of movement,very Matrix like if I might add.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:06 pm Reply with quote
Yes, I too was appalled tha the characters in Beyond the Boundary were not fawning all over the main character and disrobing (or already had disrobed) in his presence. Clearly the author doesn't have anywhere near the amount of insight into otaku pandering as the great Nisioisin.

Anyway, introduction and exposition is mostly done. Time to see what KyoAni can do with what is likely a mediocre LN title.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:17 pm Reply with quote
Well I see it's begun, however due to lack of funds I will skipping the fall season all together. I still look forward to reading the previews that everyone will be writing up for fall 2013.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Should I give up hope on a simulcast for kyousogiga now that I know it's 9 minutes and it's already started airing and no announcement thus far? It'd be a huge disappointment if it wasn't. Rebecca's review made it sound like the kind of show I'd enjoy... oh well. Beyond the Boundary sounds interesting I'll give it a try.
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote
The Mad Manga Massacre wrote:
Should I give up hope on a simulcast for kyousogiga now that I know it's 9 minutes and it's already started airing and no announcement thus far? It'd be a huge disappointment if it wasn't. Rebecca's review made it sound like the kind of show I'd enjoy... oh well. Beyond the Boundary sounds interesting I'll give it a try.

More often than not, when CR gets a Toei series, it's delayed(see Saint Seiya Omega).

I'm curious about that too though, but I see 3 possible outcomes.

1. Crunchyroll streams it as 4 to 5 day delaycast
2. Daisuki streams it and CR possibly doesn't get it, has a 1 month delay or a shared stream.
3. It goes unstreamed by anybody in North America because it's Toei
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious about Kyousogiga, but from Rebecca's preview, it sounds like the first episode was just the first episode from the ONA. Is this just a TV airing for the ONA or what?
Key

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:41 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:
I wonder who will do reviews for Infinite Stratos 2 though?

I will be, since I've seen and reviewed the first season. Can't say I'm looking forward to it with much enthusiasm, though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes, I too was appalled the the characters in Beyond the Boundary were not fawning all over the main character and disrobing (or already had disrobed) in his presence. Clearly the author doesn't have anywhere near the amount of insight into otaku pandering as the great Nisioisin.

Who the hell said characters not fawning all over the main character is a bad thing?You are making some weird projections here,and I was referring to dialogue not the story itself. Dialogue in Beyond the Boundary was mostly witless and boring,which is quite the opposite of NisiOisins usual writing style.
I think that Zac really nicely summed up first episode of Coppelion.I must mention how I was surprised to see how much work went into crafting the atmosphere with camera shots looming all over destroyed Tokyo,trailers certainly gave us different idea.Some of exposition was nicely dealt with,by having a character explain everything to you through an educational program.
Quote:
The cast is fine for the most part, although Aoi's character in particular is pretty irritating - referring to herself in the third person, "I'm eating a lot isn't that hilarious" moments and generally loudly overreacting to everything the girls encounter.

I dont think that those "I'm eating a lot isn't that hilarious" moments are played entirely for laughs,it was quite clearly shown that Aoi eats this way in order make herself feel like she is a human not a puppet.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:44 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
I'm curious about Kyousogiga, but from Rebecca's preview, it sounds like the first episode was just the first episode from the ONA. Is this just a TV airing for the ONA or what?

First episode is just a recap,the rest of the show should have completely new material.Also though it was just a recap Kyousogiga was better than anything that aired today.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:54 pm Reply with quote
AbZeroNow wrote:

More often than not, when CR gets a Toei series, it's delayed(see Saint Seiya Omega).

I'm curious about that too though, but I see 3 possible outcomes.

1. Crunchyroll streams it as 4 to 5 day delaycast
2. Daisuki streams it and CR possibly doesn't get it, has a 1 month delay or a shared stream.
3. It goes unstreamed by anybody in North America because it's Toei

Because I'm rather pessimistic about Toei, I'd go for the worst case scenario which is #3. Anime hyper

It would be a nice surprise for me if Kyousogiga does get a simulcast; all that prettiness should not be relegated to web streaming only!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote
darkchibi07 wrote:
It would be a nice surprise for me if Kyousogiga does get a simulcast; all that prettiness should not be relegated to web streaming only!

But a 'simulcast' would be using web streaming, so I don't quite follow your comment here.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Ok, I was referring how Kyousogiga can now be viewed in HD resolution unlike before when it was first released via web streaming with smaller resolution only. My bad!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 41