• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Non Non Biyori Schoolgirl Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pangea

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Will definitely buy, it's hilarious as hell!!
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Huh. I was kind of expecting NIS to get this one.

Oh well. That leaves 3 of Sentai's 10 Fall licenses left. And we can assume one of those will be Little Busters Refrain, so....
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote
Guess I won't be able to own this show, as I have no intention of supporting Sentai's business. Bare-minimum releases and many times failing quality overall. No thanks.

Was really hoping NIS would get this so that I could gaze on the beautiful background art in their hardcover books Sad .
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Love the quiet country atmosphere and the characters are all darn cute. Will be getting this one for sure.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
Like other posters have stated, I was hoping for NISA to release this one. Oh well. I'm glad someone picked it up.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:29 pm Reply with quote
Despite my complaining during the first episode, I'm enjoying this one. Depending on how much I enjoy the rest of it, I'll probably buy this one.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Yaysies! I recently obtained the live-action Japanese BD, A Gentle Breeze in the Village, and this laid-back title (that has a somewhat similar premise) will be a great companion for it.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't now why people would have expected NISA to license it, as it was pretty obviously a Sentai license when CR announced it. On the bright side, it appears to be a Media Factory title and their shows often have need extras, like soundtracks and commentaries.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:55 pm Reply with quote
SouthPacific wrote:
Guess I won't be able to own this show, as I have no intention of supporting Sentai's business. Bare-minimum releases and many times failing quality overall. No thanks.

Was really hoping NIS would get this so that I could gaze on the beautiful background art in their hardcover books Sad .

Do you actually own any anime lets alone NISA stuff?

NISA has nice hard outer box, but the actual plastic cases holding the dvds are really cheap slim cases. Usually they throw in some kind of booklet, but its not much.

As features go, Funi, Sentai, and NISA are 99 percent of the time the exact same thing, you get previews, maybe some episode commentary and that is it. On rare occasions there maybe some other bonuses, but not much.

And for the record Funi's outer boxes tend to come unglued a lot, so the one thing they did over sentai ammunts to a hill of beans. I wont even get into their delays, they rereleasing of shows that people already bought on dvd on blu ray when they said they would never do that, or any of their other poor customer practices.

Oh wait funi also has the poorest translation staff none to man, apparently Youkai means spooky in Japanese.

Sentai is far from perfect, but its no better or worse than the others as you claim; and I can attest because I own plenty of shows from all 3. They certainly don't do anything to merit boycotting them if they license your favorite show.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Sweet I will get this but im hoping they will dub this one
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I will pick this anime up at some point.
SouthPacific

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote
CrownKlown wrote:
SouthPacific wrote:

Do you actually own any anime lets alone NISA stuff?

NISA has nice hard outer box, but the actual plastic cases holding the dvds are really cheap slim cases. Usually they throw in some kind of booklet, but its not much.

As features go, Funi, Sentai, and NISA are 99 percent of the time the exact same thing, you get previews, maybe some episode commentary and that is it. On rare occasions there maybe some other bonuses, but not much.

And for the record Funi's outer boxes tend to come unglued a lot, so the one thing they did over sentai ammunts to a hill of beans. I wont even get into their delays, they rereleasing of shows that people already bought on dvd on blu ray when they said they would never do that, or any of their other poor customer practices.

Oh wait funi also has the poorest translation staff none to man, apparently Youkai means spooky in Japanese.

Sentai is far from perfect, but its no better or worse than the others as you claim; and I can attest because I own plenty of shows from all 3. They certainly don't do anything to merit boycotting them if they license your favorite show.

1. I have 5 NISA premium sets. I plan to buy a lot more of them, but I only began to collect anime in mid-august this year, as it was then that I purchased my first anime.

2. "Some kind of booklet"? 30+ pages, hardcover, full color w/ episode guides, staff interviews, character designs/bios, art galleries and the list goes on. Are you serious man...?

3. As for DIGITAL bonuses NISA offers pretty much the same stuff as other licensing companies.

4. NISA sets come with the original japanese cover art, which any anime collector knows is far superior to the designs used by other american licensors. I'd rather take a slimcase with good looking art than a regular sized BD case that has atrocious art. Visuals are very important.

5. Even at first glance it's rather obvious that NISA offers high quality, extensive releases. I actually have no issue at all with the fact that they use slimcases as they're complemented by the convenient and original box design that NISA uses. The same thing cannot be said about Sentai Filmworks, nor Funimation as you mentioned them. Even Funimations LE editions of their releases are just the same features in a chipboard box, nothing more.
Polycell

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 pm Reply with quote
I wouldn't call NISA's packaging "convenient".
Shiratori1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:32 am Reply with quote
Nice to see that this will be getting a release over here.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1