• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Persona 3 The Movie #1's New Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ah, another PV!

Damn, I can't wait for this movie now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.
jl07045

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:08 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'm worried that a certain girl isn't on the cast list... if she's not in it, I'm not watching.

This is just the first movie. They probably won' t even get to Aigis.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:11 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:

So since this is the first movie, then, has it been confirmed how many films will there be total? Two or three or so?

It's kinda cool to be reminded of the movie again after having finally finished the main campaign of Persona 3: FES yesterday. I had already found the in-game anime for P3 kind of ugly and janky, but the quality of artistry in the upcoming film makes that even more apparent-- the movie art looks pretty much perfect. By making the story tighter, hopefully I'll appreciate it more.... because in all honesty, in between the hours of grinding in generically designed dungeons and completing shorter games with more focused stories in between play sessions, my investment in P3's plot only really picked up in the final few in-game months. (At least the characters were cool and interesting enough.) I'm not too sure I even would've completed it as "soon" as I have had I not won the P3 art book a few months back. As it understandably expects the reader to have fully played the game or not mind being spoiled by latter aspects of P3, I barely touched it until beating the thing early Saturday morning.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 2:34 pm Reply with quote
Animerican14 wrote:
jl07045 wrote:

So since this is the first movie, then, has it been confirmed how many films will there be total? Two or three or so?

Based on the subtitle "Spring of Rebirth," I'm going to assume there will be four movies, with the others covering the events of the Summer, Fall, and Winter months in the game.

Meaning Aigis won't show up until at least Movie #2.
Niyari

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:12 pm Reply with quote
jl07045 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I hate to nitpick, but after so many years of seeing this, I kinda have to let it out. It's Aegis. Aegis is actually word and fits the theme she has going on with her Persona, Athena. Plus it's kind of her original Japanese name..
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Man people really like Aegis.

I thought she was easily the worst character in the game. Really disliked the focus she got.

Still, I think I like P3's story a bit better than 4(but not more than 2, we need an anime of that). So I'm kind of happy we are getting anything based on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
razisgosu

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:47 pm Reply with quote
Niyari wrote:
jl07045 wrote:
RyanSaotome wrote:

I hate to nitpick, but after so many years of seeing this, I kinda have to let it out. It's Aegis. Aegis is actually word and fits the theme she has going on with her Persona, Athena. Plus it's kind of her original Japanese name..

Japanese = Aegis

Anything else = Aigis

There's no need to nitpick when they're both her name. Kind of like you can call P4's Protagonist, Seta, Yu, Silent Protagonist, etc.
NoremaC-_-

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:15 pm Reply with quote
razisgosu wrote:

Japanese = Aegis

Anything else = Aigis

There's no need to nitpick when they're both her name. Kind of like you can call P4's Protagonist, Seta, Yu, Silent Protagonist, etc.

it's not, thats more about people projecting some sort of continuum between three individual renditions of the same story.

it's more like with aeris and aerith with the latter being a mistranslation.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Going to be in future movies for sure. She SATURATES the Persona universe (unfortunately for me). I'm betting 10,000 yen she will appear after the ending credits of the movie.

Anyway, I've got my limited edition drama CD ticket, so I have to go reserve my seat on Thursday before it fills up for Saturday!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1