• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Lists 'Golden 2 Persona 4,' 'Persona 4, Vol. 2'

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Niyari

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:09 pm Reply with quote
eeeep, we're going to drown in persona 4 related stuff
Detrimont

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:10 pm Reply with quote
PS3 port of golden?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:16 pm Reply with quote
Wow.
Please no.
I like Persona 4. Sure I do. But I like Persona 3 a LOT better, and think that it should not be so damn ignored! The characters and story are just better. -_-
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:58 pm Reply with quote
I'd love if they did a direct sequel to Persona 4... Persona 3 is a good game, but its no where near as good as Persona 4, which is my favorite 3D game of all time. The characters, setting and story are great, and I'd rather get a new game based on it then a brand new Persona 5 with unknown characters and story.
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:16 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Wow.
Please no.
I like Persona 4. Sure I do. But I like Persona 3 a LOT better, and think that it should not be so damn ignored! The characters and story are just better. -_-

Persona 4's story IS NOT COMPLETE yet, I guess you have not played P4 Arena right? Additionally, you should now the story in P4 Arena is linked to that of Persona 3.
Animerican14

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:17 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
I'd love if they did a direct sequel to Persona 4... Persona 3 is a good game, but its no where near as good as Persona 4, which is my favorite 3D game of all time. The characters, setting and story are great, and I'd rather get a new game based on it then a brand new Persona 5 with unknown characters and story.

Ugh, I'd kinda hope for the opposite. I loved Persona 4 as well, moreso than Persona 3 (well, to an extent-- still more generic dungeon crawling than I would've cared for). As long as its cast would entertain players to an an extent similar to what the P4 cast did, I'd love to have a truly brand-new Persona 5 with new main cast and story. A few aspects may connect to P4's story, and a few characters may return if they serve the plot meaningfully, but nothing more. P4 has already gotten enough love with a stage play, a two-cour anime series, a Vita remake, and a fighting game (+ upcoming expansion!) that basically is a direct sequel to P4.

edit: oh, so there's plenty left to tell of P4's story after Arena, huh? Haven't completed the full campaign of Arena yet, but if so... le sigh. However that ended (NO ONE TELL ME PLEASE THANK YOU).... if that ending is supposed to tie directly into P5, I hope it leaves room for plenty new characters and unexpected developments to show themselves.

Last edited by Animerican14 on Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dan9999

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:

Both P3 and P4 are super awesome, neither is superior to the other (imo at least), if one wins in something, its the the ending, P3 ending is...well, sad, persona 4 is less sad and with the epilogue it ends up being happy.

Now as I said, P3/P4 story is kind of unfinished with the release of Arena, it could lead to something major (full sequel) or little bit extra story like Arena was, thus, I would not mind a Persona 5 being direct sequel to both P3/P4 or to either of two as personally I love both equally but I would not mind a brand new story with new characters, but if I am asked I would prefer to close p3/p4 before going on with a brand new story and characters.
shadowsythe13

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:31 pm Reply with quote
We'll see what happens
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:43 pm Reply with quote
P3 and P4 to Atlus are what "Final Fantasy VI" and VII are to Square. There's always debate about which one was better.
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:48 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Wow.
Please no.

Ah, but P3 had Ken in it, and Ken was garbage.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:55 pm Reply with quote
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Quote:
Wow.
Please no.

That's a funny way to spell Fuuka.

And Ken can never be garbage as long as you can romance him as Hamuko. Should've been able to do that as Minato for that matter...
razisgosu

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:33 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
ThatGuyWhoLikesThings wrote:
Quote:
Wow.
Please no.

That's a funny way to spell Fuuka.

And Ken can never be garbage as long as you can romance him as Hamuko. Should've been able to do that as Minato for that matter...

Minato wasn't as pimping as Yu. Minato didn't have the boys under his spell, only Yu has that magic.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:16 am Reply with quote
Screw this. What the hell Atlus? Yes, P4 was good, but we don't need more of it. Where's an actual P5 with a new cast, setting, and atmosphere? I liked 4, but Jesus do I not want to visit it anymore.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:50 am Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Screw this. What the hell Atlus? Yes, P4 was good, but we don't need more of it. Where's an actual P5 with a new cast, setting, and atmosphere? I liked 4, but Jesus do I not want to visit it anymore.

Maybe they could do both. Like Squeenix milking FF7 while releasing other FFs.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote
enurtsol wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Maybe they could do both. Like Squeenix milking FF7 while releasing other FFs.

How is releasing the main persona game (p4) + arena milking it? Even if you count the anime and golden for vita, its light years away from milking it.

Also you are talking about Atlus, do you realize you long it takes for main SMT game to be released? 10 years! DO you realized how much it took from P1/P2 to P3/P4 (6 years), just the same as how much its taking Atlus to release P5, they hardly milk their games, again, P3/P4 are UNFINISHED with the story presented to us in Arena, its expected to get more of them in some form.

Rahxephon91 wrote:
Screw this. What the hell Atlus? Yes, P4 was good, but we don't need more of it.

WE DO. We do when we dont know who was the real mastermind behind Arena events and his/her/their objective. But as mentioned, its yet to be seen if this leads to a full rpg sequel or to Arena 2. Personally I want to see both teams in a full rpg working together just as it happened in Arena.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2