• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: A Town Where You Live/Kimi no Iru Machi Manga to End

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:23 am Reply with quote
Seems abrupt given the recent events of the manga. I expected resolution in 4-5 chapters but 11th issue basically implies 2-3 chapters remaining at best considering that the Jan 22 release is the #8 issue of weekly shounen magazine.

Hopefully it will tie up nicely and not troll like the Suzuka manga. spoiler[Not that this manga already hasn't...]
Freakmasta

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 4:18 am Reply with quote
I, for one, am happy it's ending. I loved this series at the beginning but ever since mid-way through (spoiler[where he broke up with Asuka [Grrrr...she was the best girl!!]]), it didn't go anywhere. It was so boring...even now. Where's the drama?! I 1000% prefer Suzuka over this series.
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:09 am Reply with quote
Looks like another manga I have on my list is ending Smile

So much easier for me
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:18 am Reply with quote
OH HELL YA! Its about time that it ended. It was boring once Eba and Kirishima started living together in Tokyo. One thing unexpected though, spoiler[was that the author decided to break their relationship before ending. Is he gonna pull something like 5cm/sec? Is the author trying to tell relationship is fleeting? I don't disagree with the author's view that relationship is tough, but I thought the more logical choice would have been to have an ending where they somehow overcame all the difficulties and lived happily ever after.]
zensunni

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:40 am Reply with quote
So, if the announcement is in the 8th issue, which is coming out next week, and the finale is in the 11th issue, that means 4 more chapters? And, the OAD that was listed originally as:
Quote:
The 27th limited-edition manga volume will include a special anime episode produced in full cooperation with Seo.

is going to be the ending of the story...

I like that! I am actually very glad that the manga is ending, because it is one that I really loved, even if I came late to the party and read the first 230 chapters or so in four days over the summer. If it had dragged on much longer, I would have started disliking it, because his methods of prolonging the story, especially the most recent break-up, are growing more and more illogical.

spoiler[Here's hoping for a nice, optimistic, heartwarming, and not involving either of them getting into another relationship ending. (If either of them date someone else, it would be wrong, just like him breaking up with her was wrong. They love each other and went through hell to be together. Even if their jobs keep them apart, if they go and date other people it is really wrong, in my opinion.]
Kit-Tsukasa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:02 pm Reply with quote
zensunni wrote:

Quote:
The 27th limited-edition manga volume will include a special anime episode produced in full cooperation with Seo.

is going to be the ending of the story...

I thought last week's issue announced that the 28th volume would be released with the ending OAD?

Something seems confusing. It also happens that a few chapters ago, Seo mentioned that there would be something "big" in the 11th issue, which seems separate from the manga ending. New project perhaps?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1