• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks Adds Nobunaga the Fool Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
normajean19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:34 pm Reply with quote
Well, at least the people who like this show should be happy. I was hoping for Chu2koi Ren.
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:36 pm Reply with quote
Excellent. Best show of winter so far for me.
MarthKoopa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:40 pm Reply with quote
I'm going to predict Greg Ayres being cast as Hideyoshi, if it's dubbed.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:43 pm Reply with quote
normajean19 wrote:
Well, at least the people who like this show should be happy. I was hoping for Chu2koi Ren.

I think that's coming. Hard to imagine Sentai putting out the first season of a title and not the second.

I'm kinda digging Fool so far, but it's only been three eppies. Also, I can imagine it being something I enjoy once but never have to watch again.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:57 pm Reply with quote
That's good news for the people that are enjoying it enough to want to own it. I've decided to drop it myself, but I already know that I'll probably end up watching one more episode to see if it gets more interesting.
stove top stuffing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
normajean19 wrote:

I think that's coming. Hard to imagine Sentai putting out the first season of a title and not the second.

I'm still waiting for Sentai to put out the first season of Chu 2.

Maybe they have a new release strategy where they release season 2 before season 1.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
Ah yes, what I should have said, of course, was that it is hard to imagine that Sentai would license the first season of a title and not the second as well.
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:59 pm Reply with quote
They sure are getting a bunch of shows that are pretty questionable. Hope this doesn't backfire on them.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
S127

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:25 pm Reply with quote
I dropped the Fool after ep 1, just not my thing. Out of their winter pick ups I might stay with Wizard Banister's till the end and buy it if released on blu ray? It would be nice if ANN here would ask Sentai for an update about the status of season 1 of Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai!? I also hope they got Lite, the specials and get season 2 as well?
So ANN how bout it??? Inquiring minds want to know.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:31 pm Reply with quote
Rahxephon91 wrote:
They sure are getting a bunch of shows that are pretty questionable. Hope this doesn't backfire on them.

I think it's pretty hard for anyone outside the industry to determine whether a show is questionable. You may mean questionable in the sense that the shows aren't to your taste or liking, but that doesn't mean Sentai isn't going to make money off them. I love how some people assume that if they don't like a show then automatically that means it can't be profitable.
Yuno07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
I think it's pretty hard for anyone outside the industry to determine whether a show is questionable. You may mean questionable in the sense that the shows aren't to your taste or liking, but that doesn't mean Sentai isn't going to make money off them. I love how some people assume that if they don't like a show then automatically that means it can't be profitable.

This. Seriously, someone needs to drop their pretentiousness and their "my tastes are law" attitude.........
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:06 pm Reply with quote
I thought Nouhime would appear as well?
normajean19

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Yeah, I think the better question is can they produce quality dubs for the shows they've licensed, since Sentai's fast paced dubbing schedule doesn't always produce the greatest results
Rahxephon91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Rahxephon91 wrote:

Questionable in that it's hard to realize if the audience will be there in the end.

Wizards was pretty good, but Mezzo tv started off great too. Awesome animation, intriguing characters, very fun and actiony. It seemed like a good show that people would want to buy based on the first two episodes. Of course after episode three comes out it nose dives in quality. I wonder if anyone even bought the show when it came out. I hope Wizards won't fall apart, but based on Mezzo Tv, Kite 2, and Gallie Donna I don't have much faith. I mean yeah right now based on episode 1, I'd buy Wizards, but it's better to ask when the show is done.

Nobunaga The Fool, well it's too early to say. I did'nt think the 1st episode was bad. The show is pretty stylish to say the least, but who knows where we will even be in 10 episodes. Plus it seems many have been dropping it already. Will this show be poison in the end? Will this be a show people want?

Super Sonico is already crap in my opinion.

So that's why I don't understand the point in licensing these shows so early, but I'm assuming there's more to it the dvd sales, sales that may not be there if these shows turn out to be crap in the end.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime
bs3311

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 12:05 am Reply with quote
Rahxwphon91 wrote:
So that's why I don't understand the point in licensing these shows so early, but I'm assuming there's more to it the dvd sales, sales that may not be there if these shows turn out to be crap in the end.

Its relatively cheaper to license a show before its broadcast is off air in completion. Sentai and Funimation always replied with that.

Plus, those companies are given much more information than we can view from just an episode per week. They could have the option to see the script for the next 6 episodes. Or see the plot further down the line. Or see some finished key frames or work in progress animation. All for the company/contractor to debate if they want to license the show or not. And this information is like marketing tactics to buy the rights of a product an push it off the ground.

So basically Sentai Filmworks is 10 steps ahead of you on speculating if their fine of buying its rights. Not so questionable anymore, huh? And they have more options to ship a product out compared to the remaining competion of strict policy companies. If super sonico tanks like you assume. They will still release it, but as a Sub - DVD format with no expensive english dub. Though recently they are trying some Sub Blu-Rays, and since they don't seem to stop releasing them makes me predict that they are working well for them. And you know how people love their blu-rays whether they have a dub or not.

Overall its the options of releasing a product along with seeing exclusive information of a show is the reason for the option of licensing a product in the first place. A company cannot just follow your type of speculation whether a show is worth a license or not.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2