• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kensho Ono, Yoshimasa Hosoya, Yuuna Inamura Star in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:59 am Reply with quote
The one thing I disliked about GX was the duel school on an island plot(whether its just the school and/or the island). Reading the summary for Arc-V reminded me of that, which I'm already not liking. Of course, I will watch before I permanently judge(I like Yu-Gi-Oh, so I'll be watching from start to finish no matter how bad the story is lol).

On another note, from what we know so far, Arc-V's plot is similar to GX, and Zexal is a rip(or to put nicely, using certain ideas) of DM. I don't know if they ran out of ideas or maybe they're just using plot points from the previous series for the next work because now I'm thinking the next Yu-Gi-Oh will be like 5D's. lol
Xagor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
So Hosoya-san is playing another bespectacled card game prodigy...
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 10:32 am Reply with quote
So, basically, Reiji will be the Seto Kaiba of this series.
musouka

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 12:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm sort of bummed this isn't Yuyu's VA's first role. I always liked that they either used celebrities or completely new VAs for the MCs, because it was fun hearing them grow into the role over the course of the series.
ReNellGlover

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:01 pm Reply with quote
I'm still surprised the franchise is continuing, despite its dwindling popularity (except the popularity of the OCG/TCG). When franchises/shows like Yu-Gi-Oh! run for this long, they usually run out of ideas, becoming mere shells of its former self. You may already know this, but 4K Media, inc. is planning a dubbed version of Arc-V for release later this year, but the level of mistreatment that both Vortexx and Nicktoons has given both DM and ZEXAL is ridiculous.
Niyari

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:01 pm Reply with quote
looking forward to the new gameplay mechanic. it's pretty much the only good thing about these new yugioh series
Azure-Wind91

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:17 pm Reply with quote
5D's director is coming back so that's a mark in this series' favor.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:34 pm Reply with quote
So...this is premiering the same day as Kai Buu arc.

Cool.

I'll watch this.
4KidsFan

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:40 am Reply with quote
ReNellGlover wrote:
the level of mistreatment that both Vortexx and Nicktoons has given both DM and ZEXAL is ridiculous.

What mistreatment has Vortexx been giving DM and Zexal? It's been airing them graciously every week for the past year and half after the Toonzai line-up disbanded. There's no problems there as Vortexx airs them all the time. It's just Nicktoons that needs to step up their airing of the two shows.
Mister Ryan Andrews

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 11:31 am Reply with quote
Wonder if the dubbers are going to cut the last arc for Zexal and move onto Arc V like they did for GX and 5Ds because who needs an actual ending to a show, right?

RaNellGlover wrote:
I'm still surprised the franchise is continuing, despite its dwindling popularity

?

The only series that kinda dwindled in popularity was 5Ds. GX and ZeXal were pretty popular. Arc-V might be too if they follow the GX/Zexal route and less 5Ds, but 5Ds writer is doing it so who knows?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1