• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Atelier Escha & Logy: Alchemists of the Dusk Sky Anime's Promo Debuted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:25 am Reply with quote
Haven't played the game before but this looks interesting.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm very happy with how the characters made the visual translation to anime. It's basically exactly what I wanted.

My expectations and hopes for this anime are suddenly very high after seeing that trailer. I hope it can live up to them (and that if it does, I have the money to afford the JP BDs in a few months).
nhat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:58 pm Reply with quote
The game definitely looks interesting, how is the story in the game?
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it.

HitokiriShadow wrote:
I'm very happy with how the characters made the visual translation to anime. It's basically exactly what I wanted.

Yeah.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:46 pm Reply with quote
Hope it's not Shining Bread.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:40 am Reply with quote
nhat wrote:
The game definitely looks interesting, how is the story in the game?

I'm not very far in Escha so I'm not sure precisely how plot-heavy this one is compared to the other games in the series, but Atelier games in general are not plot-heavy. They are not Tales/Final Fantasy/99.9%-of-RPGs save-the-world-from-a-villain stories. They're relatively light-hearted affairs, about the characters and giving you reasons to gather ingredients and make stuff.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:22 am Reply with quote
I was kind of interested in this one, but I'm starting to worry about the male-to-female ratio, not to mention how much attention the female character designs gets in comparison to the male character designs. Is it going to be a harem romcom? I don't really want to waste time checking it out if it is.
HitokiriShadow

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:38 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
I was kind of interested in this one, but I'm starting to worry about the male-to-female ratio, not to mention how much attention the female character designs gets in comparison to the male character designs. Is it going to be a harem romcom? I don't really want to waste time checking it out if it is.

Unless they significantly change it from the source material, it shouldn't be. In Atelier games, the girl is usually the main/player character. This one is a bit unusual in that it had two such characters and one was a boy. I've only just started the game but it's tone and content should be consistent with Ayesha and what I've seen so far. There is unlikely to be any romance at all and it should have very little of the kind of content that would turn you off of harem romcom shows. Even if there is some Escha/Logy romance, it shouldn't be of the harem/romcom variety.

Also, there should be a few more male characters in the show of varying significance that did not appear in the list (and several of the girls aren't very significant; none of them should be engaging in romcom bullshit with Logy). Atelier games tend to have female MCs and then a fairly even split of male and female player characters and NPCs. I'm pretty sure a sizable chunk of Atelier players in Japan are female. The games certainly have a good chunk of content for people who are interested in men, at any rate.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1