• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - Ohikkoshi and Emerald

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gilles Poitras

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:58 am Reply with quote
I love Samura's short stories. Thank for writing about these two volumes.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:36 pm Reply with quote
Samura's command of the pen is masterful. Amongst manga artists he is in the group I hold in highest regard.
Quote:
ero-guro

And his exploits in this genre are decidedly not for the faint of heart. spoiler[Slow torture seems to be one of his biggest fetishes.]
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:48 am Reply with quote
I grabbed ohikkoshi in my mad grab at blade of the immortal volumes but as with blade am yet to read any of it (dreaded backlog).

Gotten into the habit of trying to grab anything vaguely interesting or by an author with good rep points to me and its making it so I have a nice collection of books.
jennye

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Blade of the Immortal is one of my favorite series and I enjoyed both of these collections, especially the two title stories. Like last week's Furuya, Samura scares me a bit with his darker elements (ero-guro is sooooo not my cup of tea), but I can't help but love him and his genre-blurring/blending storytelling. The man knows and plays with perspective like nobody's business, and the fact that his figures look like actual people with mass and weight and personality just makes his work that much harder put down.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1