• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Le Fruit de La Grisaia TV Anime Slated for Fall

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:09 pm Reply with quote
Good to finally know a date on this. Shame it's not debuting this Summer though..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
WANNFH

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:21 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Does the fact that it took nearly 4 years between an eroge's TV version announcement and projected airing date seem a little unprofessional?

Like Girls' Work, huh? Oh wait, there even isn't any date.

There are numerous challenges to adaptation, so I'm not surprised that they could delay the start of production. The main thing - that even after four years creators still think about anime adaptation.
acetatsujin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 12:51 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES YES OMG YES!!!

The visual novel is SOOOO freaking good. I wonder how they're going to do this! My heart is ready for this.

This is my next BD purchase!
Yause

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 1:05 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
Does the fact that it took nearly 4 years between an eroge's TV version announcement and projected airing date seem a little unprofessional?

It wasn't an announcement though. The developer merely discussed pre-release plans for anime (this was before the game was even finished), which happens for so many products these days. Everyone wants to get into mixed media, so they assess these possibilities from the beginning.

Closing a deal is a different story, and not all plans may come to fruition.
MischievousMelody

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 7:16 am Reply with quote
Ah, yes. Soon, the content of the visual novel that everyone's talking about shall be revealed to me. Looking forward to it!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:36 am Reply with quote
Yause and WANNFH are correct in their respective posts of pre-release adaptations and production challenges in that there are anime that take even longer to adapt from their source material. A recent example is that the spring title Abarenbou Rikishi!! Matsutarou is being adapted over 16 years after the manga ended and over 40 years after the manga started.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1