• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Threads shift to the left

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
When I open threads, the ads on the left and right disappear and it shifts to the left. Screenshot
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:50 am Reply with quote
Same here. And since there are no ads at the moment (for me there aren't anyway), I'm seeing this huge white border on the right which looks kind of weird.
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Same thing for me. No skin shows up. I have ANN Blue selected.

It's been happening for about the past week or so, but only on Firefox. If I log in on Chrome or IE, the ANN Blue skin shows up (selecting any other skin doesn't work either). I just cleared my cache on Firefox, and I'm still having the issue.

EDIT: So I cleared all of my cookies and when I first went to the ANN.com news page (not logged in) the ad skin showed up for a second before it was taken away. The forums are also still showing the blank space on the right.

I am using Firefox 30.0.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I am using Firefox 31 beta on Windows 7 and have not had any problems.
I was using 30 until yesterday without problems.

Have you tried it with the add-ons disabled?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Crisha

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:10 pm Reply with quote
So I disabled Adblock Plus for the moment, and the blue bars are showing normally. Lemme go back and forth a few times to see if that resolves the issue.

EDIT: Yup, just enabled it again, and I've got the blank space on the right again. Lemme add ANN as an exception and see if it stays.

EDIT 2: Okay, I have disabled ABP for animenewsnetwork.com and fast.animenewsnetwork.com, and both sites are working. It looks like ABP updated on Wednesday of this week, which is why I noticed the issue happening several days.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I don't have any problem, I'm using Google Chrome and my OS is Window 7. So could this be a issue with your browser??
Touma

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:33 am Reply with quote
mdo7 wrote:
I don't have any problem, I'm using Google Chrome and my OS is Window 7. So could this be a issue with your browser??

Willag's problem was caused by Adblock Plus, which is an add-on for the Firefox browser.
It would be interesting to know if it was the same thing for WhiteHairGirls and Ortensia1980.
誤称

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:01 am Reply with quote
I for one don't care. This is the best change ever. No wasted space.
Ortensia1980

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
mdo7 wrote:

Willag's problem was caused by Adblock Plus, which is an add-on for the Firefox browser.
It would be interesting to know if it was the same thing for WhiteHairGirls and Ortensia1980.

It was. I turned off Adblock for ANN and it's back to normal now.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Ortensia1980 wrote:

It was. I turned off Adblock for ANN and it's back to normal now.

OK, I guess it's case closed for this one. Smile
WhiteHairGirls

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:31 am Reply with quote
Hmm yeah unblocking adblock fixed it. Its weird though I never had that problem with adblock before.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Bugs & Technical Questions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1