• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Durarara! TV Anime's Partial Cast, Visual Unveiled

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I adored the first season and am thoroughly looking forward to the second season. Loved Anri as a character and I would love to see more of her (some actual merchandise would be great too!).
Detrimont

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:03 pm Reply with quote
Bit closer to Yasuda's style, which is always good.
Can't wait!!
(favourite series)

Really wonder how far they'll go, 4th novel is one of the shortest, so that'll only take a few episodes, and then the next 3 form an arc of sorts. so We're looking at novels 4-7. possibly more, if it's more than 2 cour(which would be great)
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:07 pm Reply with quote
Oh sweet! I was waiting for this announcement! :)
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Looks good. Even though it won't be airing until Winter, I am still very much looking forward to this upcoming season.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Wrathful

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:42 pm Reply with quote
As long as it doesn't focus too much on high school cast, I'd be looking forward to it but I'm not sure if that could happen.
Kurohei

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:45 pm Reply with quote
The sequel we've all been waiting for!
12skippy21

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:34 am Reply with quote
Would rather have a second season of Baccano but this show was good to.
A Mystery

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:59 am Reply with quote
I somehow even missed the announcement for the sequel, but yay! Baccano is probably the better show of the two, but Durarara! had more story left to tell IMO. Especially since I want spoiler[Izaya to play the annoying villain again before he's hopefully smashed into pieces Wink.] And Shizuooo!
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:28 am Reply with quote
again i'll say(like i put on the last article)
Baccano won't get a second season, too much was removed from the novels, that are important for the next books that would be adapted.
Also didn't sell as well in japan, but that's another thing.(and DRRR seems to be more popular in japan in general as well)

(also, don't take this the wrong way, i'd love if Baccano did get a second season(because it's my 3rd favourite anime(after Durarara and Steins;Gate))... but it won't... because of the reasons i mentioned above)

Last edited by Detrimont on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Sylontack

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:36 am Reply with quote
Super pumped, I did prefer Baccano but I'd rather a localisation of the novels than a second season because the first season more or less closed it off (implying that stuff was taken out and changed considering how much wasn't adapted Razz ).

I honestly thought the main three in the key visual had their arcs mostly done and the second season would focus on other characters a bit more but I'm still very excited to see what season two will bring as I know nothing of the DRRR novels.
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:42 am Reply with quote
Sylontack wrote:
Super pumped, I did prefer Baccano but I'd rather a localisation of the novels than a second season because the first season more or less closed it off (implying that stuff was taken out and changed considering how much wasn't adapted Razz ).

I honestly thought the main three in the key visual had their arcs mostly done and the second season would focus on other characters a bit more but I'm still very excited to see what season two will bring as I know nothing of the DRRR novels.

You're somewhat right, their main arcs are complete, but all characters are to be considered quite major. But of course, there will be new characters to focus on as well.
(think about it, it would be weird if these characters were just put into background roles)
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Detrimont wrote:
Sylontack wrote:

You're somewhat right, their main arcs are complete, but all characters are to be considered quite major. But of course, there will be new characters to focus on as well.
(think about it, it would be weird if these characters were just put into background roles)

Having never read the LN series, my biggest worry for DRRR in terms of my enjoyment was always that the 'main' cast of the first series would become sidelined in the next series as their stories were over.

Don't get me wrong I think the series has a lot of interesting characters and I enjoyed their stories too, but I find that interesting side (or less central main) characters often don't make good central characters because I find it far more difficult to empathize with them. This isn't true of all series but if you were to compare Shizuo with Mikado it's clear which one is easier for the average viewer to relate to.

With that said, obviously this is only my thoughts on the series and it's entirely possible I will be proved wrong! I just want to enjoy the next series as much as the first really.
Detrimont

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:10 am Reply with quote
then you have nothing to worry about. there will be a significant lack of lame jokes in the first part of the new season(lack of Kida, if you didn't get that), but he'll be back soon enough.
As3ann

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:10 am Reply with quote
hope the new characters' VA are picked well.

The first season had the IT VAs during that time. Most are award winning seiyuu (Sawashiro Miyuki, HiroC, OnoD, Fukuyama, Miyano, Hanazawa, Kaji)
patrick.enfield.9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:07 am Reply with quote
This show should have gotten season 2 much much earlier. Its pretty damn well known and its released in almost every country nin europe also in na and its pretty damn well known and loved for its bizarre characters, but better late than never i guess
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2