• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Current Hunter x Hunter TV Anime's End Slated for September 23

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Not surprising considering the anime caught up pretty well. I wonder how long the hiatus will be though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
LaughingElbow

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Not surprising considering the anime caught up pretty well. I wonder how long the hiatus will be though.

Until Togashi makes enough material, which could take years.
Mr. slicer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:52 pm Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:

If you are talking about the back pain mentioned in an earlier article is is said to be 2 weeks unless there has been new world since that article was posted.
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:00 am Reply with quote
Mr. slicer wrote:
Stark700 wrote:

If you are talking about the back pain mentioned in an earlier article is is said to be 2 weeks unless there has been new world since that article was posted.

I meant the anime. I heard about the news regarding the 2 week manga hiatus yesterday.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Lain'sHairline

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:09 am Reply with quote
A bittersweet series. Appears competent at the surface but once you peel back that top layer... Dust.

Paradoxical. Confused
KnightAR

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:11 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
I meant the anime. I heard about the news regarding the 2 week manga hiatus yesterday.

Seeing how the new arc is only 9 chapters in (the anime will end just before this new arc), I highly doubt that the anime will return anytime soon. Normally this wouldn't be a problem but the mangaka has a history of going on hiatus and the ending of this arc is a good place to end the anime without trying to explain the sudden halt to the series due to not enough content.

I welcome the series ending at a point where it it satisfy's me as a fan, as like the VA said, nothing that interesting has happened in the new arc thus far.

I'd say give it a year when the mangka has finished the first major arc since coming back from hiatus and maybe we'll see a new anime or OVA.
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
I'm saying 3 years minimum that it'll come back, once the next few arcs are done.

Hopefully now we'll somebody (FUNimation. Please.) license it since it's no longer an ongoing series at this point.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:58 am Reply with quote
KidOblivion wrote:

Hopefully now we'll somebody (FUNimation. Please.) license it since it's no longer an ongoing series at this point.

If this is any indication, two companies are going for it: https://twitter.com/ForneverWorld/status/498951103141404672
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:01 am Reply with quote
It wouldnt have needed to end if Togashi....*fill in the blank, you cant get this wrong*
ParkerALx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:08 pm Reply with quote
Madhouse's work on Hunter x Hunter ranks among the best anime adaptations of any Shonen manga ever released, in my humble opinion. I look forward to the day it might return. As long as Togashi sticks to taking occasional breaks every few weeks, like he has done recently, I don't think we'll see a repeat of the 1999 anime's demise this time around. Regardless, I will continue to enjoy the manga and hope some wise company will finally license the first 148 episodes of the 2011 series for release in North America.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1