• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Chaika - The Coffin Princess Avenging Battle Anime's TV Spot Teases October 8 Premiere

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:00 am Reply with quote
Awesome, definitely looking forward to this one.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:30 am Reply with quote
Also looking forward to this new season. I am disappointed (but not terribly surprised) that it bombed in Japan sales-wise.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:59 am Reply with quote
Excited to see the 2nd season of this one.
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:12 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Also looking forward to this new season. I am disappointed (but not terribly surprised) that it bombed in Japan sales-wise.

Yes well we are lucky it got to be animated by bones and the fact that this series will have a conclusion. most series even good one never get a conclusion so we are lucky this one will be getting one.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:35 am Reply with quote
I wonder who the redheaded woman with lipstick is. Perhaps she's Masako Katsuki's character?
Tomibiki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:47 am Reply with quote
Aw man, spoiler[Ky Kisk- I mean Alveric still dead?]
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:57 am Reply with quote
Definitely beyond pumped for this since I have an obsession with this show.

I wonder who will voice spoiler[ the black Chaikas?]
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:57 am Reply with quote
Cyclone1993 wrote:
Definitely beyond pumped for this since I have an obsession with this show.

I wonder who will voice spoiler[ the black Chaikas?]

I'm looking forward to the sequel, it's a surprise from last season.

Not going to spoil, but let's just say that spoiler[it's who many assume.]
BillyMK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

Yes well we are lucky it got to be animated by bones and the fact that this series will have a conclusion. most series even good one never get a conclusion so we are lucky this one will be getting one.

I recently started watching the first season and I'm loving it. The only thing that got me sad was that this was a novel instead of a manga and I thougth I wouldn't get to see the ending.

Will the second season be enough to get to the ending? Isn't the novel still ongoing?
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:20 pm Reply with quote
OP sounds good - maybe amazing Smile
LNs aren't translated in English Sad

I'm mildly - pretty interested for the second season.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:57 pm Reply with quote
So ready for season 2! Smile
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm eager to see this. The first season was a pleasant surprise to me. It was a very good basic fantasy that has a pretty well constructed setting, but didn't usually let explaining it get in the way and mostly kept its story moving. I will always have a little itch for a straight-up fantasy story and this series is just the kind of thing to scratch it. I also really dug Chaika, who has a set of characteristics that played differently could have made her really obnoxious to me. I do wish, however, that her cheeks were less 'shiny'.

That redhead looks like she'll be cool. I always welcome cool redheads. I wonder if Chaika will have a less broken speech pattern in the second season to reflect improved competency in the language.

BillyMK wrote:
Will the second season be enough to get to the ending? Isn't the novel still ongoing?

I don't know whether the novels have concluded, but if not, my guess is that BONES will invent their own conclusion and I actually have a modicum in faith in their ability to do so well. I'd certainly hate a 'to be continued' that never is or a really poor gecko ending.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:09 pm Reply with quote
BillyMK wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I recently started watching the first season and I'm loving it. The only thing that got me sad was that this was a novel instead of a manga and I thought I wouldn't get to see the ending.

the guy who wrote the novel said they the anime will End exactly at the same time as the LN so no worries it will get the same conclusions the LN
BillyMK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:29 pm Reply with quote
Thespacemaster wrote:
BillyMK wrote:
Thespacemaster wrote:
angelmcazares wrote:

I recently started watching the first season and I'm loving it. The only thing that got me sad was that this was a novel instead of a manga and I thought I wouldn't get to see the ending.

the guy who wrote the novel said they the anime will End exactly at the same time as the LN so no worries it will get the same conclusions the LN

Just like FMA and Blast of Tempest did? Wow Bones they''re awesome.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2014 9:41 pm Reply with quote
Here's hoping for a better ending than Scrapped Princess. Anyway, I enjoyed Chaika, very reminiscent of my favorite work of the author (Scrapped Princess) but different enough to not feel completely like a rehash. Glad it was planned split-cour cause otherwise there is no way it would have gotten a second season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2