• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Maaya Sakamoto to Perform Happy Cooking Graffiti Anime's Opening Theme

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh sweet. Definitely looking forward to it and the food from this show Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
IanRootBeerDubber

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote
My anime licensing senses are tingling... It looks like Sentai Filmworks will be picking up this title.
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:20 pm Reply with quote
This should turn out decent, the manga is alright but this will shine a bit more in animated form.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Will watch for Maaya Sakamoto. Shaft is hit or miss for me but I like food
traveling

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:10 pm Reply with quote
I hope this will be a non-Monogatari/Madoka anime that Shaft does well.
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 9:43 pm Reply with quote
I look forward to hearing the theme. I must confess, I think that 'Mameshiba' from Earth Girl Arjuna is one of the best songs she's ever done.
BillyMK

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:22 am Reply with quote
Then why she didn't do the OP for Onimonogatari?
Kreion

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:28 am Reply with quote
traveling wrote:

Liiiiiike, Nisekoi, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Arakawa under the Bridge or Hidamari Sketch? Oh look, that's a fair amount of good series -.- Shaft ARE hit and miss, but they hit more times than people seem to realize...Madoka and Monogatari are just recent standouts.

Despite that, I don't really have any interest in this series - it looks like an infinitely less interesting version of Shokugeki no Souma, but it should be pretty at least. From that synompsis it doesn't seem like there's much substance to the plot so Shaft will just do a bunch of flashy fan-service.

I'd like to see them do another standout series, something which is a bit darker - MCA should have been that but a combination of a low budget and bad co-ordination between the original writer and Shaft kind of made it blah.
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:29 am Reply with quote
see Akiyuki Shinbou and SHAFT: Mr. Green

see Mari Okada: FUUUUUUUUUUUCK :facekeyboard:

premise doesn't interest me though Rolling Eyes
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Every humor type nowadays seem to be fanservice. Laughing
(There's more to humor than fanservice or sitcoms.)
Sam Murai

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Darstorm-Sandude wrote:
see Akiyuki Shinbou and SHAFT: Mr. Green

see Mari Okada: FUUUUUUUUUUUCK :facekeyboard:

premise doesn't interest me though Rolling Eyes

Okada's name used to give me pause, but she seemed to have spent the last drops of her penchant for excessive melodrama on AnoHana, as many of her shows since have been much better balanced and written. I thought that she and S(h)i(n)mbo(u) had worked together in the past, but I guess this is their first time. The show sounds kinda interesting, but I would rather see SHAFT make more less-salacious shows, especially when that content has gotten in the way more than it hasn't (or, perhaps, the show won't be as "erotic" as it lets on).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
traveling

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:45 pm Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
traveling wrote:

Liiiiiike, Nisekoi, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Arakawa under the Bridge or Hidamari Sketch? Oh look, that's a fair amount of good series -.- Shaft ARE hit and miss, but they hit more times than people seem to realize...Madoka and Monogatari are just recent standouts.

Despite that, I don't really have any interest in this series - it looks like an infinitely less interesting version of Shokugeki no Souma, but it should be pretty at least. From that synompsis it doesn't seem like there's much substance to the plot so Shaft will just do a bunch of flashy fan-service.

I'd like to see them do another standout series, something which is a bit darker - MCA should have been that but a combination of a low budget and bad co-ordination between the original writer and Shaft kind of made it blah.

I never said those were the only good anime they ever produced. In recent times though (the past 2 years), Madoka/Monogatari are the only ones I've seen done well. Nisekoi was well animated, but it wasn't great, and I know that its weaknesses are because of the source material, but that's my opinion.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1