• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka, Rina Hidaka, Manami Numakura Lead Unlimited Fafnir Anime's Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:26 am Reply with quote
Character designs are out:

It's pretty surprising to find out Yoshitsugu Matsuoka gets more roles in anime these days, especially in light novels adaptations.

The art in the anime looked better than the source, my biggest doubt is, considering TBS airs mostly low-budget series and the fact that Diomédea is working on three other series in the same season (Kancolle, World Break and Bouei-bu), it seems this could be the show that the studio itself puts the least amount of effort in it.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:30 am Reply with quote
*enters article*
*sees Matsuoka Yoshitsugu listed as the main male lead character in yet another adaptation for an early-2015 show*
*bursts out laughing*

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a capable seiyuu, but it's still funny to read that almost every other adaptation is starring Matsuoka
konqueror

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
*enters article*
*sees Matsuoka Yoshitsugu listed as the main male lead character in yet another adaptation for an early-2015 show*
*bursts out laughing*

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a capable seiyuu, but it's still funny to read that almost every other adaptation is starring Matsuoka
Now that's funny.

I don't even know what is this about, but if I see Matsuoka there, is a no.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:21 am Reply with quote
Hameyadea wrote:
*enters article*
*bursts out laughing*

Everyone on the Japanese side is saying the same thing. -_-; I think he's like... in every show next season... (exaggeration)
TarutoClown93

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:22 am Reply with quote
konqueror wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
*enters article*
*bursts out laughing*

Now that's funny.

What do you dislike about him (besides him voicing too much of the samey protagonist archetypes, that is)? Wouldn't you mind if he's voicing a secondary character?
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:37 am Reply with quote
Matsuoka. Again. Seriously, I like a lot of his roles, but it's getting ridiculous.

Thewre's a plenty of good vocie actors, who doesn't have a lot roles, like Ichitaro Ai (person#92540) or Junichi Miyake (person#48248) and Hiroshi Okamoto (person#42213)
Kenji Akabane (person#74588) doesn't have that many roles as well.
DDragonking

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:39 am Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
konqueror wrote:
Hameyadea wrote:
*enters article*
*bursts out laughing*

Now that's funny.

What do you dislike about him (besides him voicing too much of the samey protagonist archetypes, that is)? Wouldn't you mind if he's voicing a secondary character?

He did have a secondary voice role in Akame ga Kill as Lubbock. Also I have to say this... FOR MIGAAAAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!!
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:33 am Reply with quote
TarutoClown93 wrote:
Character designs are out:

Ren Miyazawa's (3rd image, middle) design of the hair and physique makes her look like Yuuki Mikan from To Love-Ru.
Are we reaching the moe's Upper Limit of possible variations?
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 8:40 pm Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
Matsuoka. Again. Seriously, I like a lot of his roles, but it's getting ridiculous.

Thewre's a plenty of good vocie actors, who doesn't have a lot roles, like Ichitaro Ai (person#92540) or Junichi Miyake (person#48248) and Hiroshi Okamoto (person#42213)

I see you got at least two of those voice actors from Dynasty Warriors. Wink
But I completely agree.
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 7:46 am Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:

I see you got at least two of those voice actors from Dynasty Warriors. Wink
But I completely agree.

What can I say? You need to hear a voice actor somewhere to learn his name Smile
Well, Warriors series aside, there's Go Inoue (person#58397), and I hope that Shingeki no Bahamut will help his career.
The other voice actor I want to hear in the main role again is Hisayoshi Suganuma (person#14385) (it's unrelated to Dynasty Warriors, though. It's because of Sakura Taisen).
Darstorm-Sandude

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:33 am Reply with quote
what a masterpiece article written by ANN

this time it written about Matsuoka, who voices another male lead of an anime
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1