• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2nd Gundam the Origin Volume's Title, Fall Release Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:52 am Reply with quote
Interesting. I just saw the first episode a few hours ago. Nice key visual as well and as far as this goes, I hope it will be enjoyable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Yadilie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
Stark700 wrote:
Interesting. I just saw the first episode a few hours ago. Nice key visual as well and as far as this goes, I hope it will be enjoyable.

How was the first episode? I only saw the first 7 minutes they previewed.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:38 pm Reply with quote
I really like that art. How many episodes is Gundam The Origin? Will it be 7 like Unicorn?
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 12:46 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:
I really like that art. How many episodes is Gundam The Origin? Will it be 7 like Unicorn?

I might be wrong, but I thought I read that it would be 4.
Cptn_Taylor

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Ambimunch wrote:

In terms of production value yes it will be like Unicorn.
Story wise, it looks way more like 0080 War in the Pocket than anything else.
4 episodes total with 3 to go.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:32 pm Reply with quote
I just want this to be over and done with so we can have a new Alternate Universe to look forward to. I'm really sick of going back to UC in some form or fashion, especially when they BS it (Unicorns ending) or it makes zero sense (Reconguista so far).
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:59 pm Reply with quote
The first episode is $7 to rent on Daisuki.

the-antihero wrote:
I just want this to be over and done with so we can have a new Alternate Universe to look forward to. I'm really sick of going back to UC in some form or fashion, especially when they BS it (Unicorns ending) or it makes zero sense (Reconguista so far).

Who's to say they won't do another AU at the same time they're working on The Origin? They did AGE during Unicorn's production.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 3:09 pm Reply with quote
Not surprised that they're going with the same 2 episodes a year schedule that Unicorn went with. But at least its only 4 episodes this time so we will only have wait until next year to get the conclusion.

As much as I love Unicorn I am so glad I won't have to wait 4 years for the entire series to come out (assuming we do not get any delays).
the-antihero

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:47 pm Reply with quote
Zetabag wrote:
Not surprised that they're going with the same 2 episodes a year schedule that Unicorn went with. But at least its only 4 episodes this time so we will only have wait until next year to get the conclusion.

As much as I love Unicorn I am so glad I won't have to wait 4 years for the entire series to come out (assuming we do not get any delays).

... and we don't get a surprise 5th movie-length episode
Wrangler

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:04 pm Reply with quote
Well, Origin's first episode was well made. I wasn't so hip on the CG work when they got into space. The ship's look fine, but the Mobile Suits look just okay. I had hope they would had as good animation they used for Gundam Build Fighters and it's sequel. Seriously better animation.

I hope Origin's second episode is good.

We have 3 Gundam series going on in Tandem right now, with two series ending soon. I think there room in this entertainment world for more than one Gundam series going on, no matter what time frame it's set. As long it's done well.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Agreed Wrangler, I'm always up for checking out new Gundam shows.
Zetabag

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:59 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Zetabag wrote:

I wouldn't mind if episode 4 turned out to be movie length. Having read the Vol.5-7 of The Origin, I'm a little concerned that they might have to cut some material to get it to fit into four 60 minute length episodes.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:53 pm Reply with quote
I'd like to see the teaser, by the way. I mean, I paid for the rental of the first episode, damn it. It should have been included!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I didn't get the chance to see the episode yet (I'm not going to pay twice for something that I already pre-ordered, so I'll just wait it out).

But the second episode seems interesting, considering all the different options they had available to go to (story wise).

I'm just hoping spoiler[in the second episode they show how Char is a REAL bastard towards the real Char and how he pretty much gets him killed to gain access back to Zeon. I loved the part in the manga, and I don't believe it's in the first episode, so I'm praying that gets animated into the story because it shows how far Char will go to get his revenge. ]
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 10:55 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Zetabag wrote:

Wouldn't be too surprising but I bet the main factor would be sales. Unicorn sold very well, which was a factor in why it did receive another episode.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2