• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure [Part 3]: Stardust Crusaders (TV).

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2015 5:19 am Reply with quote
This is one of the best Jojo episodes I've seen period, my god this was the most hilarious thing, even more than the Oingo Doingo brothers Laughing Laughing Laughing If it keeps this way I'm probably going to like this even more than my beloved Battle Tendency.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 10:56 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 8:

Well that was amusing. It looks like spoiler[Polnareff got turned into a kid Laughing Besides having fun in the baths with that girl, he looks like he's in a bit of trouble next week with that cliffhanger.] Actually, I think he might of had too much fun....

Funny episode overall, definitely looking forward to next week.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was actually very underwhelmed by this episode =( This was tasteless but not in the super fun creative way like the two previous episodes, here the comedy feels very middle of the road and typical without the craziness that JoJo puts into these situations (adult-in-body-of-kid getting close to a woman innocent to him! so new!) and only one out of six jokes worked, it was unnecessary slow (the revelation of Polnareff being a kid last forever) and the villain this time was more uncomfortable than enjoyable. The scenario of Polnareff as a kid is very cliche and not that well used here. Bleh, I hope it recovers in the next ones.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 06, 2015 11:52 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 9:

I think this show has a well-rounded comedy when it goes with comedy and thankfully, I got a good amount of laughs with the latest episode.

Heh, I think it's mostly because of spoiler[Polanreff in his kid form and not the mention the kid is still mischievous as ever. Glad to see him regaining his normal form again though.]
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 1:02 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 11:

Awesome episode overall.

It's finally about time someone put spoiler[D'arby in his place and that man is Jotaro. Way to go man and tbh, that was a very clever strategy to use psychological tactics against him rather than just pure gambling skills.]

Can't wait to see where their adventure will take to them next time although I admit that these last two episodes has been their most daring challenge they've faced yet.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Again, I just love the cute murderer child (voiced by Motoko Kumai, who has voiced a lot of cute children like Shaoran Li from Cardcaptor Sakura) and his amazing drawings in magical diary.

I wish there was experimental anime, totally made with that psychedelic style.

By the way, I find it quite endearing that basically all characters call each other by names, even murderers do that when they talk to their supposed victims, and vise versa. For example, in latest episode, Hol Horse inserted his finger in Polnareff's nose, and the latter asks:
Quote:
What the hell are you doing, Hol Horse?

-- as if anyone would care to say names in such situations, let alone name of an adversary. It is so naive and old-school, its charming, I love it. Just like all those proclamations and explanation characters do about what is happening, it is ridiculous, but lovable.

This show one of the most original in style, storytelling, character design/visual presentation. This kind of work is why I have become anime fan, not those dreadful slice of life, school club, melodramas or harems or whatever.

Does anyone know why subtitles say that evil-predictor child's name is Mondata, while his actual name is "Boingo" (or something) as voice actors say it?
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 11:59 am Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 14:

Good episode overall. Loved the way spoiler[Iggy fought against that bird, aka Pet Shop. I think his voice fits well too for a dog; or rather I should say badass dog.]
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 8:39 am Reply with quote
Season 2, Episode 17

Wow, this once awesome show is really limping to the finish line, isn't it? People aren't even bothering commenting any more. I kind of thought that since we've finally reached the mansion, things might get a little more intense, right? Nope, two episodes of "fighting" via video games. Lame, lame, lame.

However, to give the show credit, I was actually still entertained and engaged but I can't help thinking things should be a lot more interesting and intense. Really, D'arby the Younger is just a retread of his brother except that he doesn't cheat and he uses video games to battle with instead of games of chance. Not to mention that after 41 episodes (if you count the first season) I'm getting a little tired of the Stand user formula. Shocking how long they've actually been able to keep that going without driving everyone insane, though.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:29 pm Reply with quote
Season 2, episode 17:

I just love the creativity of this show. spoiler[This week, it continues with the game themes. And also, it's interesting to see how much emotions they pour into each episode as to what they are fighting for.]

I expect the main battle to take place soon. It has some pacing issues but overall still very enjoyable imo for entertainment.
MaxSouth

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2015 1:17 pm Reply with quote
Amazing colour palette.

Watching this anime is like experiencing art exhibition, truly masters' piece.
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:08 am Reply with quote
Stardust Crusaders finale:

Great episode overall. At long last, Dio has been defeated and in style by Jotaro. Glad to see it all end well for the heroes especially with his defeat and also Holly no longer in mortal danger. I loved the fight itself as well as it kept its momentum from start to finish.

Anyways, yeah..rating this Excellent.

My only slight disappointment is that they didn't announce Part 4 (Diamond is Unbreakable). I mean, there wasn't even a hint at all. Hopefully someday....
louis6578

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:13 am Reply with quote
I'll be fine, Part Four or no (though that would be great). The way Part Three ended was spectacular. 10/10.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Series Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10