• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Akiba's Trip to Launch for PC on May 26

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:03 am Reply with quote
Being able to change the graphics options is considered an additional feature, now?
bassgs435

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:37 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Being able to change the graphics options is considered an additional feature, now?

If it wasn't in the other versions of the game, yes.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:41 am Reply with quote
Shouldn't the series be called "Akiba Strip"?
Foxaika

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:42 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:
Making is seems that way seems gross. I hate ports. I can understand not having the feature for games that are on console(uniform machines and all), but making it an "additional feature" as if it shouldn't be standard on PC...ugh
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:49 am Reply with quote
Lemonchest wrote:

Yes, this game offered a bunch of color and contrast filter options for people to mess with for fun in the PS4 version. This is being retained for the PC version. It's NOT the same as the standard graphics options you would find in PC games, which will be there too, of course. These "additional" graphics options are indeed additional, beyond what you would normally find in such a game, and serve no other purpose beyond being there for fun.

Kadmos1 wrote:

No, the official title is "Akiba's Trip" (as in, taking a trip to Akiba). The double-meaning is there (made obvious by the logo on the box, which has no spaces between the words), but if you look at any official source, it's always officially referred to as "Akiba's Trip." It's even read that way in Japanese.

Last edited by doubleO7 on Sun May 17, 2015 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 9:54 am Reply with quote
Given the fan service angle of the series, the word "launch" in this headline seems so appropriate.
Monke Danana

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:01 am Reply with quote
I'm so glad haven't bought this on console yet.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:03 am Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
Lemonchest wrote:

Yes, this game offered a bunch of color and contrast filter options for people to mess with for fun in the PS4 version. This is being retained for the PC version. It's NOT the same as the standard graphics options you would find in PC games, which will be there too, of course. These "additional" graphics options are indeed additional, beyond what you would normally find in such a game, and serve no other purpose beyond being there for fun.

This makes a lot more sense. Thanks for the info.

Edit: I will say though, the way it is worded makes it sound like something different.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:17 am Reply with quote
With all the DLC that games now have (especially video games), I am curious as to how relevant making PC games are anymore.
Foxaika

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 10:42 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
With all the DLC that games now have (especially video games), I am curious as to how relevant making PC games are anymore.
What do you mean? It's not as if PC games don't have DLC as well...
Emerje

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:20 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

There was a time not so long ago when PC games seemed to be going the way of the game cartridge with fewer decent games coming out each year thanks to better console hardware and more people buying tablets and smartphones. Steam had a large part in revitalizing the market by making games more accessible to players, easier for publishers to distribute, less expensive, and better organized. Now we're seeing more and more console games, particularly Japanese ones, on PC that we wouldn't have seen as recently as 5 years ago.

As for Akiba's Trip, I'll wait and see if it gets discounted during the big Steam summer sale at the end of June. I fully expect them to knock 15-20% off the price.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I already have this game for the Vita, but I'm willing to double-dip in this case. It was a fun romp, all things considered.
AsherFischell

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

Congratulations, you found the joke.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

What does relevance have anything to do with it. PC games are made for PC gamers. That is why PC games are made.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2015 2:51 am Reply with quote
Emerje wrote:

There was a time not so long ago when PC games seemed to be going the way of the game cartridge with fewer decent games coming out each year thanks to better console hardware and more people buying tablets and smartphones. Steam had a large part in revitalizing the market by making games more accessible to players, easier for publishers to distribute, less expensive, and better organized.

Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle, etc.

Emerje wrote:

Now we're seeing more and more console games, particularly Japanese ones, on PC that we wouldn't have seen as recently as 5 years ago.

Because Japan doesn't really have a PC market, it's a new market for them to exploit in the West.

Emerje wrote:

As for Akiba's Trip, I'll wait and see if it gets discounted during the big Steam summer sale at the end of June. I fully expect them to knock 15-20% off the price.

.... could probably find it cheaper without waiting....... Wink
(That's the thing about PCs)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2