• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: CMX Gets A Girl Who Runs Through Time Manga, More

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:16 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
According to CMX, "A Girl Who Runs Through Time" is the title that the anime version (also known as "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time") will use.

Does this mean the anime's been licensed? If so, "leapt" sounds a lot more dramatic than "runs".

Quote:
CMX also confirmed that it will not edit the Crayon Shin-chan manga,

They also put TenTen under their 100% unedited line. Rolling Eyes
DKL

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:28 pm Reply with quote
Woooooo...

Extremely vague confirmation that the Tokikake anime is on its way here FOR THE WIN.

I sure hope it happens soon...
Fronzel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 6:46 pm Reply with quote
I like "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time" a lot more for some reason.
TSC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:25 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:

They also put TenTen under their 100% unedited line. Rolling Eyes

I doubt they lie this time. I bet the whole Ten Ten fiasco made CMX think twice on this and for them to confirm this unedit deal at the convention.

When Ten Ten was going to be released, they neve ronce announce it being edit nor being unedited. We just assumed it'll be unedited due to every other manga out there being unedited and that infamous advertising CMX had.

Them announcing it at the con probably was for fact they figure people would question whether it'll be edit or not.
HellKorn

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:44 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Quote:
According to CMX, "A Girl Who Runs Through Time" is the title that the anime version (also known as "The Girl Who Leapt Through Time") will use.

Does this mean the anime's been licensed? If so, "leapt" sounds a lot more dramatic than "runs".

Mah gawd, I'm agreeing with Gatsu.

Well, I don't really care however they want to translate the title, I just want to know which anime company has the freakin' masterpiece and when we might see it released. I doubt that we'll see it before the end of 2007, but then again it's not impossible...
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:05 pm Reply with quote
Er...why would they use "Runs" when she goes back in time through the act of leaping? Whatever, I'll probably get the manga since I loved the movie so much. The little slip about the anime being licensed is interesting (and awesome if it ends up being true), but then again it could have just been a screw-up.
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:44 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha: "Leapt" doesn't scream "action", while "runs" makes you think she'll blow up some spaceships with a shotgun while she's time-travelling. Razz Rolling Eyes
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
Er...why would they use "Runs" when she goes back in time through the act of leaping? Whatever, I'll probably get the manga since I loved the movie so much. The little slip about the anime being licensed is interesting (and awesome if it ends up being true), but then again it could have just been a screw-up.

Leapt, runs, or even cart wheel through time. I don't care as long as they don't change the inside, I'll pick it up.
W-General

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:17 pm Reply with quote
I thought that sounds a little lame...
I thought the official (correct me if I am wrong) name for it was The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
TSC

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:19 pm Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
Kagemusha: "Leapt" doesn't scream "action", while "runs" makes you think she'll blow up some spaceships with a shotgun while she's time-travelling. Razz Rolling Eyes

Now That's awesome!!! LOL

Although I haven't seen the movie and though I know it's serious, It reminds me of that old manga called Time Traveler Ai. And the way GATSU joked about the title had me think of it.
the_silent_child

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:26 pm Reply with quote
TSC wrote:
GATSU wrote:

Now That's awesome!!! LOL

Although I haven't seen the movie and though I know it's serious, It reminds me of that old manga called Time Traveler Ai. And the way GATSU joked about the title had me think of it.

Time Traveler Ai is awesome. I posted a pic with some of my shin chan mangas with a bunch of other in another thread.

After I read your comment I remembered it as well.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1