• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals Dub Cast for One Piece Season 7

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Madoka...AYUKAWA!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 4:54 am Reply with quote
Horrible Shocked .... as its usual.

I guess if the US people are always fed with dubs of this caliber, at some point they actually become natural and find them good...i guess.. AND letd not forget the "dubs are easier" because I dont have to read thus I am not "distracted"...

Ok, enjoy it however you like it, in the ends all that matter its you enjoyt it. Cheers.!
Escaflowne2001

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:03 am Reply with quote
Don't know many of the voices, Matthew Mercer and D.C. Douglas are good at least.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:29 am Reply with quote
Since the dub for these episodes are already on Funimation.com I can say they sound pretty good. Most of the new characters don't get a lot of screen time so I'm fairly indifferent. The ones that do get a lot of screen time like Law and Rayleigh fit well. I will say that Justin Cook seems to have a little trouble spitting out the name Trafalgar at the auction house. I imagine that one is going to trip up a lot of people.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:38 am Reply with quote
Voices are good, interesting mix of old with people like Mercer Cook and Herbet but at the same time new with Fabian, Attaway and Wetsel.

Like someone else said, the sample size for teh Supernova's is so small it's hard to get a true honest gague so far.

I'm can't wait to see whose gonna play Hancock, Jinbie, Margret and the Snake sisters too.
randy1925

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 5:52 am Reply with quote
Voices are ok, except for bonney doesnt fit at all. also Lydia Mackay as hancock cant wait to hear that
Raebo101

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 6:12 am Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

I guess if the US people are always fed with dubs of this caliber, at some point they actually become natural and find them good...i guess.. AND letd not forget the "dubs are easier" because I don't have to read thus I am not "distracted"...

Ok, enjoy it however you like it, in the ends all that matter its you enjoyt it. Cheers.!

I'm sure you had a point to make with this post, but unfortunately, it doesn't make much sense, because we're not given horrible dubs. You're not a fan, I get that. But would you mind saying that without sounding like you're better than everyone else that enjoys their entertainment in a way that differs from yours? Rolling Eyes
Animechic420

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:29 am Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

I guess if the US people are always fed with dubs of this caliber, at some point they actually become natural and find them good...i guess.. AND letd not forget the "dubs are easier" because I don't have to read thus I am not "distracted"...

Dude...eat a fvcking Snickers bar.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
I had forgotten there was a dub or how far it had gotten. Though that may be because I'm more intot he Manga and enjoy the Anime more for episode specials, OVAs, films and even the games, most of which have not been dubbed.

I find it hard to imagine the show being dubbed, even though I have seen some clips, there are so many well known veteran actors, I can't picture anyone else playing the part.
Revolutionary

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 7:48 am Reply with quote
It doesn't seem 'horrible' to me at all.

I'm excited to see One Piece dubbed this far! I can't believe we're almost to the point of having the first Simulcasted episode dubbed. That shows how far we've come!
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 8:02 am Reply with quote
>Matthew Mercer and D. C. Douglas
>horrible

Go on, pull my other leg while you're at it, too.

That said, not very often one sees D. C. Douglas outside of video games.
Hitokiri Kenshin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 9:32 am Reply with quote
Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

Given your grammar and US people line, are you not a native English speaker? And if so, why would you care about things in English?

Will say do like Lydia Mackay.
Levonr

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:46 am Reply with quote
Nice cast, D.C. Douglas in a FUNi cast. I only knew him from video games.

Almost at 400!

Madoka...AYUKAWA! wrote:

Your really in character Ayukawa, a juvenile delinquent who can't speak English very well.

Believe it or not for many having to not read has nothing to do with why many people watch the dub. Its because many really like the English acting. 4kids ruined it, FUNi saved it and is putting great effort into it. But of course you don't understand why others like something you don't so you have to come up with the old excuse that we just must not want to read...
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:57 am Reply with quote
Since I don't really follow One Piece, despite how fans may feel, they do have to get approved by the Japanese creator and staff.

With over 50 Funi titles under his belt (that is, counting titles using primarily the Funi VA), I am actually surprised that Patrick hasn't moved to Texas to work with Funi indefinitely. Then again, Cali does a lot more video games which pay a lot better than anime dubbing.
Splitter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:12 am Reply with quote
Mercer as Law is perfect. So glad my favorite arc is almost available to buy! Very Happy
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:13 am Reply with quote
OMG, D.C. Douglas, I can't believe it, awesome!

Also I can't wait to heard Trafalgar and Hancock's voices.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2