• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Fall 2015 Anime Preview Guide

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:19 pm Reply with quote
For Lance, you should mention the OP. It kind of stands out from the show itself. It's quite beautifully animated, but I have no idea what it means, if it means anything at all. Why are there two versions of the little girl? And why is the horse a chibi?
Wingbeats

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:30 pm Reply with quote
Awwww yeaaah I love the smell of fresh new animu. And the preview guide, it has begun!

First wiff is a rather boring stinker of a show, though. There's a lot to look forward to, luckily Smile

Skipping Lance n Masques and Heavy Object, both are obviously not my cup of tea.

Noragami Aragoto: 4.5./5 - I loved Noragami before, and I'm excited to see it again in its lovingly-animated glory. No letdowns here Smile I really just ought to own up to being a Bones fanboy at this point, hahaha.

Asterisk War: ugh/5 - I picked this one out of the three magic school anime because it was at least pretty. But uuuuugh. Dude walks in on girl changing and she spouts Tsundere ranting? Accidental boob grab as dude tackles her to protect her from something? Ugh ugh ugh ugh. This show is pretty but does everything I hate. Not even gonna bother with Lance n Masques and Chivalry of a Failed Knight. I would like some good characters, please.

Haikyuu!!: 5/5 - THERE WE GO. I don't give a damn about volleyball but Haikyuu makes me give a damn. I missed you, stunningly competent character-writing that means I care about and adore everyone. I missed you, fluid and gorgeous animated movement. I missed you, lovingly utilized soundtrack. I love this show. I won't be surprised if it's the best thing this season. Worth the wait.

Last edited by Wingbeats on Sat Oct 03, 2015 5:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Cam0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Zac wrote:
she doesn't appear to be a day over 9 or so

According to the next episode preview commentary, she is 6 years old.
maoyen

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:33 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
talking moe-girl-horse

Oh man Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Welcome to the 2015 Fall Anime Preview Guide thread!
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:41 pm Reply with quote
Seemed to me like Makio didn't recognize Yotaro as Knight Lancer at all, and simply invited him over because he was hungry. Which just makes the whole thing about two steps more dubious and convenient.
Rederoin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:42 pm Reply with quote
The season is starting off good with Lance and Lupin III
lossthief
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Alright! Can't wait to get into the season proper. Looks like most shows won't be kicking off til the weekend, but at least there's one show today!

-22 minutes of Lance n Masques later-

...so how long till Saturday?

yeah, Lance is pretty lame. It wasn't painful to sit through, but the experience of watching it is about as exciting as riding the bus to work. I'm not sure what the point of it is outside of taking up time. I can take solace that it might be the least obnoxious Light Novel show this season, but that's the closest I can get to praise.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 2:46 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to the previews!
Key

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
lossthief wrote:
...so how long till Saturday?

Hey, there's actually some worthwhile stuff (theoretically) debuting on Friday, like the Noragami and K sequels (and oh, yeah, the Fafner sequel, too, which I suppose might be worthwhile to someone out there), Young Black Jack, and a couple of others. Admittedly, though, no expected heavy-hitters amongst the non-sequels.

So the real question is, what's going to be the big surprise this season? Seems like we've had a couple of them every season so far this year. Anyone placing bets?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:30 pm Reply with quote
Cannot wait for Valkyrie Drive's uncensored ATX broadcast. That show is gonna be like turbo-ecchi full of redonkulous breasts and nudity, and no Tusk to screw all of the yuri action up. The promo art is just so beyond what's tasteful; it's gonna be great, probably Kaneko's opus of titty anime.

Otherwise, GochiUsa2 should be nice, YRYR3 naturally, and the new Gundam for the sake of being a completionist with that franchise. Also the Owari no Seraph second season mainly for the stylish backgrounds.
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
Guess I will have to take a peep at the show's opening.
justsomeaccount

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:40 pm Reply with quote
Lance 'N Masques: 2 / 5. Not much to add, it was just boring and not motivating. Not horrible, not painful or anything, it's more "*sigh* whatever" than other thing. Also the art backgrounds were weird, the outside backgrounds and the inside ones look like they are from different universes.

Who knows what will be the surprise of the season, but trying to check some of them with potential, maybe Sakurako-san, One-Punch Man, Perfect Insider or Concrete Revolutio(n) have some chance to surprise.
PetitePuff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:43 pm Reply with quote
Fall season wooh! Very Happy

not sure what i'll end up watching yet though... will have to see what grabs my attention.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:58 pm Reply with quote
Lance 'n' Masques was better than I was expecting from the premise, but it'll depend where it's going with this.

The 'badly drawn horse' was one of the funnier moments. I love a show that doesn't take itself too seriously.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 37