• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: ANN: Best of Summer Anime 2015 Poll Results

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Engineering Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 1:54 pm Reply with quote
Sorry, as much as I like Charlotte to a certain degree, but 3rd place and first place does seem... a bit odd. Oh well, opinions I guess.
CallumKeyblade

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Wonderful to see My Love Story!! at #1.
Lemonchest

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:15 pm Reply with quote
Japan confirmed for shit taste.
infamoustakai

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:17 pm Reply with quote
ANN Readers have terrible taste I see.
Treeborn

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Charlotte? Number 3? Umm...
chito895

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:49 pm Reply with quote
There's no such thing as shitty or terrible taste, c'mon! Rolling Eyes

Anime is entertainment, and if people enjoyed Charlotte, then it's OK. I really don't mind Charlotte being up there. If people liked it enough to put it in the first or third place, so be it. If it hadn't been for that last arc of the series, which I didn't enjoy so much, it would've been my top anime of summer as well.

I'm sad that Rokka, my personal favorite, was not in the top three, but happy to see My Love Story!! in the first place. It was an amazing ride from beginning to end, so it totally deserves its popularity.

Last edited by chito895 on Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
xzy123

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:53 pm Reply with quote
food war yea
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:15 pm Reply with quote
Snow White with the Red Hair is not high enough on either of those polls. It was my personal favorite of the season out of what I watched and it beat out My Love Story even it was by a small margin.
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I disagree with these rankings.

Last edited by VanGosroth on Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
XerBlade
Subscriber
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Noragami only #8? Even the cliche-fest Asterisk War got higher!? South Park was right, Japanese people really do have no souls....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jojothepunisher

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:25 pm Reply with quote
Ok, let's put it out there. Charlotte was a crap anime, but that doesn't mean people won't stop liking it. If drama and tear-jerking moments are what people like regardless of the quality, then it is only natural that people will say Charlotte is good. And when I say crap, I don't mean that it is not a good piece of entertainment, it simply fails at storytelling at many levels.
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:44 pm Reply with quote
All the shows I would suggest to people out of this season are:
1. Prison School
2. Snow White with the Red Hair
3. My Love Story
The rest of the season, in my opinion, was just borderline passable.
AwaysAnnoyed

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:13 pm Reply with quote
I liked Ranpo Kitan. Honestly I'm disappointed that it didn't rank at all on ANN's poll. It may not have been the best, but it was certainly better than Monster Musume and SHIMONETA...heck even Ranpo's animation was better and more consistent than most of the Heroic Legend of Arslan and Gangsta episodes.

Typical. Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace was an adaption of the works of a secular Japanese author, and because the source materials aren't as readily available as most fan-service-y manga are spoiler[(on illegal websites)], they can't "understand" it, and doesn't bother to think about it. (I see the same thing happening with this season's Concrete Revolutio)

I will never be able to understand the appeal of something like Prison School. Feels like it will make my brain rot.

I'm glad a few Japanese could appreciate the adaption of one of their famous author's work, since Ranpo placed 10th on Anime! Anime!'s list. That gives me a little hope.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:19 pm Reply with quote
AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
I liked Ranpo Kitan. Honestly I'm disappointed that it didn't rank at all on ANN's poll. It may not have been the best, but it was certainly better than Monster Musume and SHIMONETA...heck even its animation were better and more consistent than most of the Heroic Legend of Arslan and Gangsta episodes.

The art, animation and sound direction of Ranpo Kitan were my favorite of the entire season, really.

AwaysAnnoyed wrote:
Typical. Ranpo Kitan: Game of Laplace was an adaption of the works of a secular Japanese author, and because the source materials aren't as readily available as most fan-service-y manga are spoiler[(on illegal websites)], they can't "understand" it, and doesn't bother to think about it. (I see the same thing happening with this season's Concrete Revolutio)

At least on ANN, there was one feature article and almost all reviews explored the source material and meanings, which was really fun, even if I didn't get all of it. Though imo the plot was still the weakest part of Ranpo Kitan in general, but I already didn't like what I've read from other Edogawa adaptations, so it's a taste thing I guess.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2015 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Snow White with the Red Hair is not high enough on either of those polls. It was my personal favorite of the season out of what I watched

To me Snow White with the Red Hair was hands down the best anime series of Summer 2015.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3