• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Viz Media Licenses Zyword, Eureka Seven: Gravity Boys & Lifting Girl Manga

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:51 am Reply with quote
Congrats to Viz to picking up some old TP titles. Since TP is still technically around, I think that while they have lost the rights to most of their former catalog, they could still try to do more licensing of Japanese manga and at least release it digitally.
mimosa_usagi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:47 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy that an old Tokyo Pop title got picked up. that means that there is still hope for some of those titles. I hope Gosick gets picked up one day. But in the meantime I was already interested in Zyword but never got to pick it up. Very Happy
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 12:52 pm Reply with quote
While this is nice I would have liked to have seen some titles that were never released like Shin Angyo Onshi. Since this was released in the same anthology that Black Lagoon was featured, which Viz publishes.
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 2:45 pm Reply with quote
Can they also get Hyper Rune? ;u;

And Viz should be looking to add even more shojo to their line-up. ShojoBeat still has a lot going for it, but it feels slower lately compared to everything else Viz has going on.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:24 pm Reply with quote
I forgot the sky surfing was called lifting in the YouWrecka Seven-verse. All those jokes I missed...
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:56 pm Reply with quote
mimosa_usagi wrote:
I'm happy that an old Tokyo Pop title got picked up. that means that there is still hope for some of those titles. I hope Gosick gets picked up one day. But in the meantime I was already interested in Zyword but never got to pick it up. Very Happy

You read my mind, mate. I'm always hopeful when license rescues happen because I really want some older titles to be completed or reissued.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:40 am Reply with quote
Now, Viz would be really making me happy if they could get all versions of the original Cyborg 009 released (at least digitally). Maybe re-translating and trying to re-market could give it more success.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1