• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Riku Sanjo, Kôji Inada Resume Beet the Vandel Buster Manga After Nearly 10 Years

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MSnap

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:28 am Reply with quote
Wow, I remember being very confused about why there wasn't a volume 13 yet and have seriously been waiting 10 years for this. I was just telling a friend about how he shouldn't complain about Berzerk's delays too because of this.
Camiru Mylle

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:31 am Reply with quote
Lol, I have forgotten about this..... weird. I used to really love the anime, maybe I'll read it now since it's resuming.
KefkaesqueXIII

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:17 pm Reply with quote
YES!!!!!!

Beet was one of the manga that served as my gateway into the medium. I remember being so frustrated when I learned that the series just stopped part way and had given it up for dead.

Hopefully time hasn't passed it by and it'll do well enough to keep going and not just give us a rushed ending.
Mewzard

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 3:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, I guess this is a sign I need to go back and catch up with Beet. Made it through the first five volumes before life happened and my focus shifted elsewhere, but I enjoyed it, and always wished the creators well.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 4:22 pm Reply with quote
This was my no. 1 manga that I wished would return one day, but I had long given up hope! I'm honestly shocked!

I really hope this also leads to Viz re-releasing the manga. IMO, it's the best Shonen Jump manga that no one has read. It's amazing, the only problem being that it stopped when things were getting even better. Man, I can't wait.
bj_waters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:10 pm Reply with quote
To be honest, I had no idea this had a chance of coming back. Glad to know that it is. It's not a complex series, but it's earnestness in it's world and stakes make up for a lot.

malvarez1 wrote:
IMO, it's the best Shonen Jump manga that no one has read.

More than Hoshin Engi? Wink
belvadeer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 10:14 pm Reply with quote
Well this is certainly some surprising news. I never expected this to come back.
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:16 pm Reply with quote
bj_waters wrote:

malvarez1 wrote:

TBH, I've only read a handful of Hoshin Engi, so I'll have to come back to you on that.
bj_waters

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2015 11:29 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
bj_waters wrote:

malvarez1 wrote:

TBH, I've only read a handful of Hoshin Engi, so I'll have to come back to you on that.

Lol. Very Happy I love Hoshin Engi, and despite it's Shonen Jump heritage, I consider it to be vastly underread (and underrated!), much like Beet the Vandal Buster.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 8:03 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I never would have thought I would see the story be continued. Awesome that they are doing this. That's why you never say never. Miracles exist. Now I need to try and find the old volumes so I can catch up again.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
James S.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 3:47 am Reply with quote
It's BACK!!! I'm so happy right now; I remember this as one of the first manga I ever read. The others being Hikaru no Go, Ranma 1/2 and this Shoujo manga that I can't remember the name of.

It's glad to see that it will be continued after all of this time. Now for High School of the Dead to "properly" continue.
huzaifa_ahmed

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:48 pm Reply with quote
Woah!

Someone mentioned this on Reddit (I never see it mentioned), & I casually saw the Wiki page.

The Jump ads & previews for this manga were hype.

Can't believe it's back. Oh, my God!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1