• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Mr. Osomatsu's Unaired Episode Outlined

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blatch
Thread Killer

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:29 pm Reply with quote
So much for redoing most of Episode 1 for the BDs. It looks like it'll be forever banished to the fansubs...

You know, TVTropes' "Keep Circulating the Tapes" page could use an update.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:52 pm Reply with quote
Blatch wrote:
So much for redoing most of Episode 1 for the BDs. It looks like it'll be forever banished to the fansubs...

You know, TVTropes' "Keep Circulating the Tapes" page could use an update.
Well it's not really a fansub, they did use the actual subs from the simulcast.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 6:05 pm Reply with quote
Is this "missing" episode the reason for the crappy new year´s clip show as they had to magically come up with replacement content for the discs? They couldn´t even bother to record a full commentary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm excited for the "Virgin Hero" short, since Choromatsu's my favorite and he didn't seem to get a focus episode in the 1st cour (Fan speculation is that it was intended to air until all this mess with the 1st episode happened and messed up the production schedule)

I still hope the 1st episode manages to get released in some official form, my favorite part of that isn't even all the parodies- but the way they faithfully mimicked the original 60's version (down to the screen pops man!) it was so cute!
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
herefore, making parodies of copyrighted works may illegally violate a copyright owners' "right to maintain integrity," if performed without the copyright holder's prior consent.

Differing worldviews from different countries, I guess: As someone who lives in the United States, where the culture values freedom of expression and criticism is expected, the "right to maintain integrity" would never fly as an excuse to prohibit parody. You'd be laughed out of wherever you'd stand, and you'd be seen as whiny (and likely a subject of even MORE ridicule--the Streisand effect).

If anything, having your work parodied can mean one of two things (or both): That your work has become known enough that someone will parody it, and/or your work was flawed to begin with and deserves to be parodied.
crosswithyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:30 pm Reply with quote
kawaiibunny3 wrote:
I still hope the 1st episode manages to get released in some official form, my favorite part of that isn't even all the parodies- but the way they faithfully mimicked the original 60's version (down to the screen pops man!) it was so cute!

I liked that too. The "Showa full course" during the school segment cracked me up.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1