• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gurren Lagann/Kill la Kill's Nakashima to Co-Write 2nd Concrete Revolutio Series

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:02 pm Reply with quote
Dude this writer combo tho
CrowLia

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:04 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully this won't end up in a "too many cooks..." situation, but for the time being I'm really excited, season 1 started weird but it really found its own feet and became truly amazing.
jroa

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Neither Gurren Lagann nor Kill la Kill had great writing, in all honesty, but at least it will be entertaining to see some new creators joining the crew.
Brack

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:17 pm Reply with quote
I imagine these will be guest episodes much like Masaki Tsuji's episode in Season 1 and Nakashima's guest episode on Mizushima & Aikawa's anime adaptation of Nakashima's play Oh Edo Rocket.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:20 pm Reply with quote
I dropped this show at episode 5 but I just might pick it back up to see what the hell's going on with all of these writers getting involved. Thing is with all of these ideas and such the show did nothing to make me care about anything, kind of like Psycho Pass but about 20 times worse since Psycho Pass did try to make me care.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:26 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:
Neither Gurren Lagann nor Kill la Kill had great writing, in all honesty, but at least it will be entertaining to see some new creators joining the crew.

^ I Agree.

Also, the final episode revealed the April date.
yuna49

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:43 pm Reply with quote
I didn't pay much attention to this show when it first aired, but if they are reuniting Mizushima and Nakashima, I'll put it on my list. I still rank Oh! Edo Rocket in my top dozen shows.
Arale Kurashiki

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Is this show any good for a fan of surrealism and postmodernism like me? I usually like anime that denies convention in both storytelling and/or animation, and seeing how many writers are on board for a continuation I'm wondering if it would be worth catching up on, or if it would just feel kinda average. (I'm a fan of Ikuhara, Kon and Konaka, among others.)
Adnaechan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:42 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:
Is this show any good for a fan of surrealism and postmodernism like me? I usually like anime that denies convention in both storytelling and/or animation, and seeing how many writers are on board for a continuation I'm wondering if it would be worth catching up on, or if it would just feel kinda average. (I'm a fan of Ikuhara, Kon and Konaka, among others.)

Then, Concrete Revolutio is what you need. The storytelling reminds me of Baccano!, and is yet somehow different.
Art and animation are both great, but it was expected for a Bones' original show.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
jroa wrote:

Really? Personally I thought Kill La Kill was one of the greatest things I had seen in years. At the time I felt that whoever wrote that was a genius. And for a member of that writing staff to be brought onto Concrete Revolutio will add new flavor to the series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
v1cious

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Not sure what Nakashia could do here, but I'm game. This show is severely underrated.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:28 pm Reply with quote
Damn. I have to get my expectations back to earth sometime in the next couple of months now. This is almost too much talent, but if they are able to keep the level of quality that this first season gave us, and reign in the plot, than it will be freaking amazing.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:34 pm Reply with quote
Interesting to see they're bringing in someone new to the writing team. Though, it doesn't mean much to me, as I've not seen Gurren Lagann and didn't enjoy what I saw of Kill la Kill.

I've put Concrete Revolutio on the back burner for now, knowing that it's got a 2nd season. Closer to April, I'll binge it and see if I want to see the 2nd season.
Konopan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 11:59 pm Reply with quote
Arale Kurashiki wrote:

It's Japanese Watchmen with non chronological storytelling, hinged on alternate superfantastic analogies for actual Japanese historical events.
Besides the animation getting a little choppy and some of the stories having a few odd ends resolution wise, it's good stuff.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 6:10 am Reply with quote
It's nice to see people that worked on an original anime do work on the 2nd season of an original anime. I didn't find the flashy yet childish (to me) animation that impressive in this series. I will still watch the 2nd season.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2