• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
ERASED/Boku dake ga Inai Machi Anime to Portray Ending of Original Manga

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:45 am Reply with quote
Well that is something quite interesting to know..

Still my favorite series from the Winter lineup so far. Hope it can continue its momentum.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:54 am Reply with quote
Didn't read the manga but thats good to know. The first episode has gotten me hooked! Can't wait for more! Smile
KH91

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:05 am Reply with quote
Yeah. I'll just go check the differences of the manga ending after finishing the anime.
Saeglopur25

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:10 am Reply with quote
So eight volumes in 12 episodes? Doesn't feel like it'll bode well, but we'll see...
Blankslate

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:40 am Reply with quote
Saeglopur25 wrote:
So eight volumes in 12 episodes? Doesn't feel like it'll bode well, but we'll see...

The manga moves at a near excruciatingly slow pace, so I'm glad that they sped up the pace (this first episode covered an entire volume).
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:06 am Reply with quote
That's... weird... but ok...?

I never read the manga nor know how long it is (a post above says 8 volumes though) but I have to wonder if the manga itself is ending soon or if perhaps the author himself decided this and gave the the ok. There are a lot of varying qualities and factors when it comes to adaptations but this is by far the strangest I've seen thus far.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:28 am Reply with quote
Thatguy3331 wrote:
That's... weird... but ok...?

I never read the manga nor know how long it is (a post above says 8 volumes though) but I have to wonder if the manga itself is ending soon or if perhaps the author himself decided this and gave the the ok. There are a lot of varying qualities and factors when it comes to adaptations but this is by far the strangest I've seen thus far.

It's not all that odd. Full metal Alchemisr Brotherhood ended at almost the exact same time as the manga, which is why it's such a faithful adaption, and the Hitsugi no Chaika anime's end coincided with the novel's finale.

I'm actually really glad they are adapting the entire series, I get so tired of half endings in anime. It's nice to have complete stories every now and again.
Chipp12

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
and the Hitsugi no Chaika anime's end coincided with the novel's finale.

Now that's not a very good example considering how faithful that adaptation was Confused
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:40 am Reply with quote
Oh! Well, it's nice to know that the series will have a definitive end. I was really worried about it just stopping the mystery right in the thick of things. Though I wonder if this means the manga will also be wrapping up soon...?
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:58 am Reply with quote
Huh? How will they do it?
In the end, they will still make an assumption... an original ending of their own... Unless they would consult the author of the actual ending... Confused
Dian Z

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:17 am Reply with quote
Blankslate wrote:
Saeglopur25 wrote:

The manga moves at a near excruciatingly slow pace, so I'm glad that they sped up the pace (this first episode covered an entire volume).

That one episode covered the entire first volume?
Whoa, seriously Shocked
With skipping scenes here and there, I suppose?

I'm not sure just how slow the manga is, but I do think that this kind of story is better with slow (or even very slow) pace. Judging from the first episode, the visual, the snow, and the mysterious girl's facial expression, I think it's got this 'contemplative-beauty' potential for every still scene. Would be such a waste to just ignore them.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:36 am Reply with quote
Saku-dono wrote:
Huh? How will they do it?
In the end, they will still make an assumption... an original ending of their own... Unless they would consult the author of the actual ending... Confused

Since they're advertising that the anime ending will be the same as the manga ending, I'm betting they either got the mangaka to a) give them a brief outline and they flesh out the details, or b) told them exactly how the ending goes so they can animate it properly.

@Dian Z

The manga isn't excruciatingly slow, but the slow pace of the first volume seemed, to me at least, to hinder more than help. You mostly get more scenes of his day-to-day life with memories of people from his past sprinkled in, but given that he actually spoiler[goes to the past], it's not something that's crucial since you meet those people in person anyways.

At the very most, there's a little more info on how Revivals work; spoiler[Satoru repeats a moment in time until he "opens up" a new path.] Kind of like any visual novel route with a time loop in it, really.
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:56 am Reply with quote
Happy with this news. Potentially, could the manga could still end around the same time as the anime? But, that'd probably mean that it'd need to finish in a few more chapters...I'm unsure if chapters are released monthly or at a quicker/slower pace.

Either way, this probably means that the mangaka gave the animators the ending he is going for.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:54 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
..I'm unsure if chapters are released monthly or at a quicker/slower pace.

It's monthly.
The last scanlated chapter (I have no idea how far behind/if it is behind the japanese chapter count) honestly didn't seem to me like it's too close to an ending, and the manga didn't actually announce that it's ending at that date, so we'll probably get some spoilers in the anime, while the manga will be possibly better paced.
pandoraking

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
as a manga reader, this are rly great knews!!!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2