• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kiss Him, Not Me Shōjo Romantic Comedy Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:56 am Reply with quote
This is a funny series, I remember reading it and heard the drama CD before. Maybe they'll cast the same people too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:14 am Reply with quote
Huh, I thought I recognized that artstyle, I've read quite a few of the mangaka's BL works and they're rather cute, I'll check this one out. It'd be nice if, they showcased a same-sex couple, at least as secondary characters, to have both same-sex and het couples coexisting, you know, like it happens in real life. Pretty much never gonna happen in a shojo manga, but a girl can dream.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:34 am Reply with quote
Junko finally gets a work made into an anime. Im so happy right now.

This is a hilarious manga.
AP24

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:57 am Reply with quote
Anyone noticed that in recent years, a lot of manga that got licensed in English ended up getting TV anime announced shortly later?
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:25 am Reply with quote
Fab news, only just started reading it and it's a lot of fun. Reminds me there's another volume out to get.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:43 am Reply with quote
Excellent news. I'm really enjoying the manga.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:49 am Reply with quote
I remember checking this series out a while back just because the description was so ridiculous. I'll definitely check the anime out at some point.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:50 am Reply with quote
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!

I have been waiting for this since DAY 1. I've imported both the drama CDs and they're wonderful. This is going to be such a treat, and it got a decent studio.
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 8:56 am Reply with quote
It's worth checking out, but the outcome will not satisfy everyone.
WashuTakahashi

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:21 am Reply with quote
Excited! I haven't started reading it yet, but it's been on my radar for a while. I'll probably just wait for the anime now.
lebrel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:39 am Reply with quote
Cool Smile I like this series a lot and I think it will make a good anime.

CrowLia wrote:
It'd be nice if, they showcased a same-sex couple, at least as secondary characters, to have both same-sex and het couples coexisting, you know, like it happens in real life. Pretty much never gonna happen in a shojo manga, but a girl can dream.

... whut? I can't even count the number of shoujo manga that have a random m/m (or somewhat more rarely, f/f) couple among the side-cast....
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:46 am Reply with quote
^Please do give some examples. None of the ones that have been made into anime in recent memory (or that I've watched) have such component, except Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura
Animechic420

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:19 am Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
^Please do give some examples. None of the ones that have been made into anime in recent memory (or that I've watched) have such component, except Sailor Moon and Card Captor Sakura

Gangsta.???
CrowLia

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:37 am Reply with quote
I was talking more in terms of, you know, romantic shojo manga like the one this news article is about. Besides, was there a prominent same-sex relationship in Gangsta? Apart from Connie and her guy was there any prominent romantic relationship?
RestLessone

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:09 pm Reply with quote
(And for the record, while it has a sizable female audience, Gangsta runs in a seinen magazine. It doesn't fit the shoujo bill.)

CrowLia: I checked out a bit of this on CR a while back. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, since I jumped around a few chapters, but it appears there's at least a spoiler[supporting female character who is attracted to women.] To the spoiler[main character] anyway. Can't say I was particularly enthused with the portrayal, though, based on the bits I saw.

I think it'd be nice for this series in particular to include an actual same sex couple. The plot revolves around the main girl's attraction to the BL fantasy. When the male characters (in the chapters I read) did anything, it was in the context of acting out her desires. Notably, the author does explicitly differentiate between spoiler[sexual assault in BL and assault in real life]. So I think it'd be interesting to follow up on that with real gay couples vs. BL couples. If the series hasn't done it already.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2