• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Gundam the Origin III: Dawn of Rebellion Anime's English-Dubbed Trailer Posted

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
louis6578

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 12:35 am Reply with quote
If it gets released in American theaters, I'm buying a ticket for everyone I know.
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:25 am Reply with quote
Didn't Sunrise say that the IBO dub would be early 2016 ? I wonder if it got delayed.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 1:57 am Reply with quote
I have my copy preordered from amazon.co.jp & I can't wait to get it. I'll end up renting it early from Daisuki too. It is a great series so far.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
dark13 wrote:
Didn't Sunrise say that the IBO dub would be early 2016 ? I wonder if it got delayed.

I hope it comes out soon. I really want to watch it. The Origin, not so much anymore.
dark13

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:12 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
dark13 wrote:

I hope it comes out soon. I really want to watch it. The Origin, not so much anymore.
same hare While I love Origin, I want know if the Dub of IBO is alright, since they have a lot of Veteran VAs doing the dub I hope there is no issue or anything.
WeskerGriff

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:10 pm Reply with quote
Really looking forward to this episode! Some of my favorite parts of the Origin manga are these chapters that are being adapted here, so it should be very interesting to see what makes the episode and what doesn't.

I'm not trilled over the price increase for Vol. 3. The price went up $10 bucks, and I'm not entirely sure why, because the run-time is still the same, and the price in Japan is still the same. Either way, I'm already committed with the series, and there is only one more episode left at this point. I imagine we will see another increase for Episode 4.

Also the dub thus far has been fantastic. Although I will admit, it's difficult to hear Liam O'Brien as Ghiren Zabi. It's not his performance, it's just the fact that Hiro Kanagawa will always be Ghiren Zabi to me. I can't separate his voice from the character, so it's strange hearing someone else play the character.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:28 pm Reply with quote
WeskerGriff wrote:
Really looking forward to this episode! Some of my favorite parts of the Origin manga are these chapters that are being adapted here, so it should be very interesting to see what makes the episode and what doesn't.

I'm not trilled over the price increase for Vol. 3. The price went up $10 bucks, and I'm not entirely sure why, because the run-time is still the same, and the price in Japan is still the same. Either way, I'm already committed with the series, and there is only one more episode left at this point. I imagine we will see another increase for Episode 4.

Also the dub thus far has been fantastic. Although I will admit, it's difficult to hear Liam O'Brien as Ghiren Zabi. It's not his performance, it's just the fact that Hiro Kanagawa will always be Ghiren Zabi to me. I can't separate his voice from the character, so it's strange hearing someone else play the character.

If you don't mind me asking are you getting it from like rightstuf? I have been ordering the series through amazon.co.jp & it's about $50 cheaper. Also it has the dub if that's what you want.
traffiktiger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:35 pm Reply with quote
WeskerGriff wrote:

Actually I just looked it up & I paid 6257yen for it total, which is $57.48.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1