• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 3DCG Gantz Film Titled, Slated for October 14 in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:38 pm Reply with quote
NURARIHYON! YEEEES! to bad is 3DCG but YEEEEES!!
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Will be better then another live action thats for sure.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:04 pm Reply with quote
OSAKA!!!!! Can't wait for October. Still pissed about CG though.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:44 pm Reply with quote
If it's CG on par with Square Enix Visual Works Department then I'm happy.

There was also this image:

kid_nova

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:04 pm Reply with quote
I actually feel like a live action Gantz movie (with enough buget, and good written adaptation) would be nice. It wouldn't be nearly as bad as that one DBZ movie whose name we shan't say aloud.
Ozzy4k

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Oh god not another cg anime these are becoming more and more prevalent and soon actually artists will be obsolete ! Okay maybe not that far but seriously enough is enough I wonder if they're experimenting or if cg movies bring in more money . I would like to know why the industry is starting to use cg more and or completely?
Do people think their cartoons therefore more otakus watch it vs a cg anime maybe be borderline normal as to where a broader audience watches it? Cus I know out of all my friends no one will even watch an anime but they won't have a problem watching a cg movie
anddo

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:41 pm Reply with quote
A hand drawn Gantz:G anime would be nice too.
jdnation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:42 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:
Oh god not another cg anime these are becoming more and more prevalent and soon actually artists will be obsolete ! Okay maybe not that far but seriously enough is enough I wonder if they're experimenting or if cg movies bring in more money . I would like to know why the industry is starting to use cg more and or completely?

Well production-wise, CG can be easier to make changes to and also speeds up the workflow, and most especially assets can be reused.

Quote:
Do people think their cartoons therefore more otakus watch it vs a cg anime maybe be borderline normal as to where a broader audience watches it? Cus I know out of all my friends no one will even watch an anime but they won't have a problem watching a cg movie

Yeah it's odd, but the perception is that hand-drawn is for kids. It doesn't make sense. But CG also holds some wonder in people's eyes as they can see CG progress and grow eventually to the point of photorealism, whereas hand-drawn tends to be more static and a known quantity (I don't believe this is true and one can personally see examples where hand drawn stuff can look pretty good, thanks to ease of tools and helped by CG as well). Overall 2D doesn't really dazzle like it used to. But CG from films to games continues to improve and I think people come back to see how the next CG film progresses. That's my theory anyway...
iamthevastuniverse

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Its cool that the Gantz story is continuing in the animated format but the fact that its an all CGI based film is quite unappealing for me so can't say I'll be checking this one out.
Re:SOUL

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Ozzy4k wrote:

Stop being over-dramatic. CG films isn't going to reduce the number of your precious 2D shows.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Why? Why 3D? I guess they're willing to try anything to see if they can slowly get folks to like it. Well, what am I saying we already had CG Appleseed.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1