• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kabaneri, Assassination Classroom, Shonen Maid, Sakamoto Aired This Week

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 2:48 pm Reply with quote
I really wonder why funimation has the delay even though it aired already in jpn just doesnt make much sense to me...
doubleO7

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:24 pm Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:
I really wonder why funimation has the delay even though it aired already in jpn just doesnt make much sense to me...

Because if they tell FUNimation that they can't stream the episode. Then they can't stream the episode.

The big networks that delayed it were on the production committee. Think of them as the "main" broadcasters. And if they didn't do it, then they're not going to let FUNimation do it, at least that's what I'm getting from this situation. It doesn't matter that a smaller channel decided to air the episode anyways, as they certainly wouldn't be the ones involved with international streaming.
Harleyquin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:00 pm Reply with quote
According to the schedule, Kabaneri #2 aired anyway on Sunday because the Hokkaido channel didn't lose its slot because of last week's events.

Due to the changeover for Assassination Classroom and the number of broadcasters involved, not surprising there was a full gap allowing some broadcasters to catch up.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:37 pm Reply with quote
doubleO7 wrote:
BlackPoint. wrote:

Because if they tell FUNimation that they can't stream the episode. Then they can't stream the episode.

The big networks that delayed it were on the production committee. Think of them as the "main" broadcasters. And if they didn't do it, then they're not going to let FUNimation do it, at least that's what I'm getting from this situation. It doesn't matter that a smaller channel decided to air the episode anyways, as they certainly wouldn't be the ones involved with international streaming.

still doesnt make sense to me hehe why would they let some small broadcast tv air it befor them, doesnt it make sense if they are the "bosses" that they would wanna air first and then everyone else...xd
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Assuming that I am reading it correctly, Crunchyroll's release calendar indicates that The Lost Village episode 4 and Sakamoto episode 2 have been pushed back to April 29 and April 30, respectively.

Edit: I re-checked the release calendar just now and it popped back to April 22 and April 23. Weird...
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 pm Reply with quote
Why didn't anyone tell me this? I was forced to sit through terrible subs and I could've waited a couple of days?
relyat08

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:06 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
Why didn't anyone tell me this? I was forced to sit through terrible subs and I could've waited a couple of days?

Did you think they were just never going to stream another episode via a legal channel? Confused
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:51 am Reply with quote
relyat08 wrote:
Lord Dcast wrote:

Did you think they were just never going to stream another episode via a legal channel? Confused

I thought I'd have to wait a while week.

Wait...I'd have had to wait a week anyway.

Yeah, 99% of the time I watch on Crunchyroll and Madman's app, but this show was too good and I had to see where it went.
GolfDude

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:29 am Reply with quote
A Class Ep 15 has been posted on funimation.. its online now..
crx07

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:03 am Reply with quote
BlackPoint. wrote:

It's nice to share your question but we can only speculate on the answer since Funimation's answer is not convincing. We can speculate all we want but I believe it's irrelevant to answer that question. I understand why you posted such question (logical issues) but that question is so irrelevant unless you are either curious, or hate illogical things, or impatient waiting for the next episode of whatever show you want to watch that it's so irritating to delay its streaming.
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 2:17 pm Reply with quote
2 episodes at once... it will be a long than expected lunch time for sure
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1