• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, April 25-May 1 [2016-05-06]

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ichii_1

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 10:48 am Reply with quote
29 My Hero Academia 8 32,331 345,582

>naruto killer they said

Poor terra formars won't get a boost, since the live action film is getting bashed.
Dayblack

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Read manga Boku dake ga Inai Machi, it is much better than the anime. The anime sucks.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quote
Dayblack wrote:
Read manga Boku dake ga Inai Machi, it is much better than the anime. The anime sucks.

Not exactly sucks, but it's for sure hugely inferior.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 1:50 pm Reply with quote
While I do think the anime is overall worse than the manga, I wouldn't say it's by a huge amount. There were parts that were better in execution and parts that were worse mostly because of pace.
danpmss

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 2:21 pm Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
While I do think the anime is overall worse than the manga, I wouldn't say it's by a huge amount. There were parts that were better in execution and parts that were worse mostly because of pace.

The pace wasn't even that much of a problem, the tons of skipped content were (That's what happened when you adapt 2 volumes in the first episode, and completely skip a major plot point involving a certain girl and her interactions with the protagonist).

They even butchered the whole backstory of the culprit, all of the other characters developments and interactions and especially, 70% of Satoru's monologues (a huge part of them being at the final part of the manga, which was the slowest and most char-development focused of them all).

One thing that got me real pissed was when spoiler[ they cut a great narrative trap present in the manga (were his mom's monologue shifted with the killer's). That was my favorite part of the final act (after the killer's backstory, of course) ] .
vanfanel

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:03 am Reply with quote
Watched the anime recently, and for the most part loved it up until the ending. That rooftop scene and how it played out was like something from a whole other show.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 2:37 am Reply with quote
If someone were to license the ERASED and Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii manga series...they'd have my money.
KilluaX3

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:

>naruto killer they said

Poor terra formars won't get a boost, since the live action film is getting bashed.

Well BNHA is definitely better series than Naruto
Somewhere

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2016 1:54 pm Reply with quote
ichii_1 wrote:

>naruto killer they said

Nobody says 'killer'. The hype people use is 'successor'. Going with 'killer' is a strawman.
Also, the series didn't catch on with English speakers until after Naruto itself already ended*, so 'killer' is logically impossible. At least create a strawman that's somehow feasible and can slip past someone remotely paying attention.

*Fallen Angels released chapter 1 on August 14, 2014. Then regular release started with chapter 2 on October 12, 2014. Last chapters of Naruto were in early November 2014. The English speakers' hype was not big at all for the series during the first few scanlation releases. As expected, since it's not by a creator whom the English speaking fandom at large were already familiar with.
On the Japanese side, yea, it was actually already polling well by the time Naruto ended, but going back to the English speaking manga reading world, the circle of people following WSJ's ToC listings is still a pretty small subset.

Back to the actual topic at hand...
Hmm, for Assassination Classroom, vol 19's sales look like a step back to 17's numbers (18 spiked up presumably due to end of serialization/2nd movie hitting theaters). Nothing important, but it just pops out, especially since 18 and 19's releases were a month apart.
Ame_Sama19

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:02 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:
If someone were to license the ERASED and Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii manga series...they'd have my money.

I have suggested Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii at the last Vertical pool, crossing fingers now.
Ali07

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 5:41 am Reply with quote
If Vertical license Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii, I'll know who to thank!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1