• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 1st of New Evangelion Remakes Seen Over 1 Million Times

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
icepick314

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:49 am Reply with quote
i suspect many people already have seen the movie quite a few times...

personally once in the theater is enough...bring on blu-ray or HD-DVD version!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Aoi Yuki

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:58 am Reply with quote
Smile fan comitment for the win, i do this often to with a particular thing im a fan of i will suport it by watching the film 5x at one point
Ryusui

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:27 pm Reply with quote
I hope to God ADV licenses this in the near future. Anyone but Bandai Visual.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:49 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

Hahaha!!! Such fear. Well, if 'ADV' has it on their priority list they'll make the jump soon. Man, it's like 'Star Wars' all over again.

How many times can you see it? I wonder what the sales figures will be afterwards? Considering the price of admission and the amount of times "paid to see". Not like the old days when you could pay and then sit and watch it 10 times before they threw you out. Hahaha!! I cannot wait to see it. Smile
Kimyo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:59 pm Reply with quote
I've been frothing at the mouth for months now! I hope they bring it soon! Should I dare to hope they'll keep Spike Spencer and Greg Ayres as Shinji and Kaworu??
Xenofan 29A

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Ryusui wrote:

Don't worry, BV does not own any rights whatsoever to this movie. NONE.
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Eva has always been ADV's most profitable series, they will go to great lengths to get it and I can't see anyone but them getting it in the end.

It's good to hear that the movie is doing well which definitely guarantees that the other movies will see the light of the day. I hope we'll hear about an English release soon.
Spikemcruffy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:46 pm Reply with quote
jj

Last edited by Spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Animegeek86

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:44 pm Reply with quote
Spikemcruffy wrote:
Raven Shinobi wrote:
Eva has always been ADV's most profitable series, they will go to great lengths to get it and I can't see anyone but them getting it in the end.

It's good to hear that the movie is doing well which definitely guarantees that the other movies will see the light of the day. I hope we'll hear about an English release soon.

Are you not forgetting about the company 'Manga'? I mean they did the first two movies so theres a good chance of them getting the liscence.

Well these two companies will try to get it, but don't forget the other componies like Funimation. I will be surprised if Funimation gets their hands on it. If you think about it, they did take the latest Full metal Panic.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Michi
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I do wanna go see it again in theaters, but movies are so expensive in Japan. :/ Maybe if I get a group of friends together for it, it'd be worth it. I would enjoy watching it again, but I also am more pumped up for the 2nd one that doesn't even have a release date, haha. I can't wait to see Asuka in that gorgeous new animation.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fabe

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:24 pm Reply with quote
Kimyo wrote:
I've been frothing at the mouth for months now! I hope they bring it soon! Should I dare to hope they'll keep Spike Spencer and Greg Ayres as Shinji and Kaworu??

Here is a youtube video from a anime con where Spike Spencer says that if asked ,he will reprise his role a Shiniji Ikari. Also acourding to Her Yahoo Fan group Tiffany Grant will play Asuka and Amanda Winn Lee will return as Rei.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvtG5CGKX1M&NR=1
noface_oz

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 9:16 am Reply with quote
Is this film actually a new product or have they just re-spliced old footage with a new soundtrack? I found the series of Neon Genesis to be a pretty slow and painful experience - particularly when you would wait an entire week for the next episode to screen and it would consist largely of recaps of past episodes or Shinji sitting in a corner freaking out for the 100th time. Is the movie any better?
Arcwave

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 4:40 pm Reply with quote
noface_oz wrote:
Is this film actually a new product or have they just re-spliced old footage with a new soundtrack? I found the series of Neon Genesis to be a pretty slow and painful experience - particularly when you would wait an entire week for the next episode to screen and it would consist largely of recaps of past episodes or Shinji sitting in a corner freaking out for the 100th time. Is the movie any better?

Hmm, I don't know what you were watching to wait an entire week... but anyway, no, this is not a re-production of the old animation, it's entirely new. Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone is a facsimile of the original, yes; but there is some new content.

I guess you'll just have to watch it and see for yourself. You should probably look it up on Wikipedia for more information.

On the other note, I'm glad this film is doing great in Japan. I really want to see this. If either ADV or Manga picks it up, I'll be happy. Just hopefully soon!

Heh, I leave for Japan in late March of '08... So hopefully the new film will be out by then for me to go and see it. Cool

/j
Kimyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:57 pm Reply with quote
Fabe wrote:
Kimyo wrote:

Here is a youtube video from a anime con where Spike Spencer says that if asked ,he will reprise his role a Shiniji Ikari. Also acourding to Her Yahoo Fan group Tiffany Grant will play Asuka and Amanda Winn Lee will return as Rei.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvtG5CGKX1M&NR=1

Thanks for the link!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1