• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Assassination Classroom, Koro-sensei Q! Manga Get Theatrical Anime Films in November

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:22 am Reply with quote
More Assassination Classroom is fun.

I'm not too surprised with this announcement considering that they hinted it already.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:28 am Reply with quote
I expected an anime, but not theatrical. I guess that's a nice bonus. Looking forward to the new story parts.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:42 am Reply with quote
That's nice; having the compilation film (although I largely dislike them, I also recognise their purpose of attracting new people, not appealing to existing ones), and having the spin-off getting an adaptation at the same time is almost too good to be true.
JaggedAuthor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:08 am Reply with quote
From what I understand, there's a sizable chunk of the source material that wasn't covered in the anime. That being the case, a compilation film only makes sense from a budgetary standpoint, as there are plenty more stories for them to adapt. I also have a feeling the main film's "original story" is going to be presented in the form of bumper segments. I'd probably see it for the Koro-sensei Q short, though.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:36 am Reply with quote
The article says the current anime season which is the final season will end next week but doesn't the last episode air today? I'm having trouble finding out if something else will be airing today on that network instead anyway and that it'll be ending next week. All timers on the sites I watch have it set for a few hours from now like planned.
synaia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:55 pm Reply with quote
TokyoSplash wrote:
The article says the current anime season which is the final season will end next week but doesn't the last episode air today? I'm having trouble finding out if something else will be airing today on that network instead anyway and that it'll be ending next week. All timers on the sites I watch have it set for a few hours from now like planned.

Nah today was the final episode (ep25) probably a mistake in the article.
TokyoSplash

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:04 pm Reply with quote
synaia wrote:
TokyoSplash wrote:

Nah today was the final episode (ep25) probably a mistake in the article.

Yeah I just got done watching the final episode! So much feels Crying or Very sad I'd be more upset if I didn't already buy my tickets to NYCC to meet Matsui! Definitely have to thank him for this great series! Helped me throughout highschool!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1