• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Blue Exorcist TV Anime's Returning Cast, New Staff, Plot, 2017 Premiere Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:07 am Reply with quote
I'm guessing a Spring '17 date.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:22 am Reply with quote
I wonder if they're gonna pull a Tsubasa Chronicles and pretend that the ending of the first series never took place (since it kinda messes up stuff later on in the manga).
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:38 am Reply with quote
Dessa wrote:
I wonder if they're gonna pull a Tsubasa Chronicles and pretend that the ending of the first series never took place (since it kinda messes up stuff later on in the manga).

Wouldnt be surprised if that really happens since people probably already forgot about the 1st season after 6years....
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:18 pm Reply with quote
YES! Returning cast! After the whole "Takahiro Sakurai won't play Kanda anymore" thing, I was really worried.

I do however hope that the Impure King will be just half of the series, I'd be really disappointed if they didn't do the Inari arc
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 12:41 pm Reply with quote
Yup. Another A-1 retcon as expected.
Alabaster Spectrum

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
Yup. Another A-1 retcon as expected.

They're so mystifying bad at adapting anything other than light novels that I still don't know why so many publishers look to them as the number one choice to handle these things....unless producing competent memorable adaptations isn't part of the goal which in recent years I'm just starting to assume. Anyway so much stuff I just plain don't care about getting announced to clog up 2017 has me thinking it's another year worth mostly taking a back seat on. Maybe there'll be a good OVA or movie that somebody that actually still cares about making a good entertaining piece of media will put out and then it'll be worth taking a direct interest in some things to do with anime again.

I still feel like the industry is just deciding almost all of it's projects around how production committees can work in certain curiously popular people,ideas and fringe but high spending demographics now rather than because it's what the studio people want to be working on or that people worldwide might actually want to see or would get people more interested in anime as a multi-faceted medium. Like if the industry didn't have just this obvious raging hard on for Hiroyuki Sawano and just drowning everything I guess popular in his sound would this even be getting a second season cause frankly I'm not so sure.
ScarletCrystal

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:31 pm Reply with quote
The description for the 5th volume's last line: "But will his friends' knowledge that Rin is the son of Satan drive a wedge between them?" confuses me.

I'm putting this in spoiler because I don't know if my question will actually spoil the series for anyone.
spoiler[Don't they already know that the twins are the sons of Satan in the first season?
If I remember correctly, the truth about Rin was revealed to his friends in episode 15 of the anime; and then Yukio later on in the series.]
myskaros

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
ScarletCrystal wrote:
The description for the 5th volume's last line: "But will his friends' knowledge that Rin is the son of Satan drive a wedge between them?" confuses me.

I'm putting this in spoiler because I don't know if my question will actually spoil the series for anyone.
spoiler[Don't they already know that the twins are the sons of Satan in the first season?
If I remember correctly, the truth about Rin was revealed to his friends in episode 15 of the anime; and then Yukio later on in the series.]

I might be wrong since it's been a very long time since I watched the anime or read that part of the manga, but I believe spoiler[only a few of the kids completely acknowledged Rin, some/many of them are still very wary of him, plus he still doesn't have full control over his powers.] I'm not sure at which episode exactly, but the last arc of the anime diverges from the manga too, so some things that occurred there might not hold true in this next arc.
CrowLia

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:39 pm Reply with quote
ScarletCrystal wrote:

In the manga, Rin's identity is revealed somewhere in the second half of volume four, and that creates a lot of tension between him and his classmates. In the first anime they worked through those tensions fairly quickly, but that was when they weren't following the manga anymore. In the manga it takes longer for Rin to reconcile with his friends, and since they're retconning the anime-original second cour, they'll have to redo that part as well.

In fact iirc in the animespoiler[ Konekomaru was shown to be very quick to forgive Rin], whilst in the manga spoiler[he's probably the one that has it harder and is most troubled about Rin's true identity]
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 1:42 pm Reply with quote
CrowLia wrote:
In fact iirc in the animespoiler[ Konekomaru was shown to be very quick to forgive Rin], whilst in the manga spoiler[he's probably the one that has it harder and is most troubled about Rin's true identity]

And let us not forget that Dear Ol' Bon is a spoiler[tough nut to crack in either version].
COREY2293

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Looking forward to it, I did enjoy the anime but i hear that it didn't follow the manga well.

Seeing this return after so many years has give me hope to see other old series get another season. I have always wanted Sekirei to get its final season. It was all it needed but for some reason they never finished it

And seeing the guy who directed Deadman Wonderland do the 2nd season of Blue Exorcist reminds me of how much i wanted Deadman wonderland to be completed. I did end up reading the manga and thought it was amazing.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:09 pm Reply with quote
So is this an actual sequel, or is this negima all over again, where the ova just kind adapted random sections without ever actually tying to any of the first seasons. If its the later Id rather just have a reboot, because the first anime is so divergent unless its explained well there is no way to connect them, I mean as far as I know the mother of the kids has been hardly touched upon, but in the first anime you somehow have their grandfather appearing out of nowhere being a massive antagonist and having a case of sad satan.

Plus it feels outwhack trying to watch it, because since the first season doesn't fit with it you have to start in the middle of a work.

I mean imagine if they made star wars viii and all of sudden harrison ford is alive again because his death wasn't in the original script that was just done as a filler, and lets kind of pretend half of vii didn't happen.
MarshalBanana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Alabaster Spectrum wrote:
I still don't know why so many publishers look to them as the number one choice to handle these things.
From what I've heard, A-1 will adapt just about anything, So people go to them as they have a higher chance of getting their stuff adapted.
prime_pm

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:17 pm Reply with quote
Lodoss War TV Series. Gotcha.
jenny10-11

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:01 pm Reply with quote
I can't wait! I hope this brings more people into the fandom and reading the manga.

Here's how the first two minutes could play out if they wanted to tie the second season in with the ending of the first season:

Rin: *wakes up, turns to Yukio* Hey Yukio, I just had the weirdest dream where our grandfather was the pope. And Evil. And you were the Paladin, and a demon. And Satan was sympathetic?

Yukio: That was a stupid dream, Rin.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2