• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: King of Fighters XIV Game Introduces 'Team Mexico' In Video

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kicksville

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:55 am Reply with quote
Glad to see Ramon back - he's always seemed like one of the most underappreciated characters of the series, and on top of the new flashy costume, he just seems to round out this team better and stick out more.

Although his new voice actor is another example driving home how much it sucks the old cast is gone. No more TIIIIIIGAAAAH NECKKKKCHANC RRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Is that actually Tizoc's original voice though? Errr, not that it would have to be, seeing as how it's King of Dinosaurs and totally not Tizoc, at all.
johnnysasaki

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 9:14 am Reply with quote
Kicksville wrote:
Glad to see Ramon back - he's always seemed like one of the most underappreciated characters of the series, and on top of the new flashy costume, he just seems to round out this team better and stick out more.

Although his new voice actor is another example driving home how much it sucks the old cast is gone. No more TIIIIIIGAAAAH NECKKKKCHANC RRRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Is that actually Tizoc's original voice though? Errr, not that it would have to be, seeing as how it's King of Dinosaurs and totally not Tizoc, at all.

wait,it's not Eiji Takemoto voicing him anymore?What the hell,SNK?
Cain Highwind

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:47 am Reply with quote
It definitely sounds like they got the original VAs for Angel and Tizoc, I mean King of Dinosaurs definitely seems to have Tizoc's VA for some strange reason Laughing

But yeah, Ramon is definitely different. Call me crazy, but it kinda sounds like him and Bandeiras is voiced by Kazuya Nakai.
NeoStrayCat

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 6:19 pm Reply with quote
Before anyone asks, King of Dinosaurs is in fact, Tizoc, his bio along with his teammates appeared yesterday (as of post) and it matches up his birthdate, H/W/L, Etc.

Not only that, but Terry's victory quote against KOD even calls him out of it further from the truth, so yes, like Raiden/Big Bear before him, Tizoc has a "heel" persona.

And yes, Ramon's VA changed, along with a couple characters (and some of their VA's too), I mean, hey, its been 6 years since the last KOF, and times change, I assume.
Herald Of JOJO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:59 am Reply with quote
Oh yeah, viva Mexico!! Angel is... Wink. And King of Dinosaurs is... :O. And Ramon is... cool, I guess. Never was a big fan of him, but I can appreciate how cool he is.

@NeoStrayCat
Wait, if that's the case, then what's up with Yasuyuki Oda insisting that KOD is NOT Tizoc?! Here, check this interview for reference. http://www.mmcafe.com/news/posts/10196.html
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 5:06 am Reply with quote
Here's something I've been wondering. Does this game have a Team USA or not? I hope they do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1