• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Please tell me! Galko-chan Manga to Bundle Original Anime DVD

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EighteenSky

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:42 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news, more Galko, Otako and Ojou is more than welcome. Adore this series, favourite short series this year by a distance. Cannot wait for the manga from Seven Seas this year.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Ugh, another episode of this terrible tripe. I wonder what this special will be about, probably contraceptives or different types of notebook paper.
Fourteenthangel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:07 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Ugh, another episode of this terrible tripe. I wonder what this special will be about, probably contraceptives or different types of notebook paper.

Then you can just now watch it? I don't why the continued existence of a show you obviously don't like should bother you so much.
DuelGundam2099

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
I don't why the continued existence of a show you obviously don't like should bother you so much.

Simple, everywhere I went during its air time nobody stopped talking about it, it even somehow creeped into /m/ and Gaijin Goomba's channel (why Gaijin?). If Kill la Kill took over a year to go away this will take at least a full season (season as in three months, not TV season which lasts 9 or 10 months).
Levitz9

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:19 pm Reply with quote
DuelGundam2099 wrote:
Quote:
I don't why the continued existence of a show you obviously don't like should bother you so much.

Simple, everywhere I went during its air time nobody stopped talking about it, it even somehow creeped into /m/ and Gaijin Goomba's channel (why Gaijin?). If Kill la Kill took over a year to go away this will take at least a full season (season as in three months, not TV season which lasts 9 or 10 months).

I know how terrible it feels when something you don't like is plastered in your face everywhere (see: Harambe), but your overreaction is pretty unfair. DVD OVAs never make much of an impact (think of how many Fairy Tail manga brought them and how those come and go like farts).

Me, I'm sad that we won't get the OVA stateside. I really dug the Galko anime; it was a really nice show that poked fun at the lack of sex-ed teenagers get, as well as their general mindset. Nobody was the butt of a joke, it was just nice sincere comedy. Sure hope I get a job by November, I'd hate to miss out on the manga.
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:51 pm Reply with quote
Fourteenthangel wrote:
DuelGundam2099 wrote:

Then you can just now watch it? I don't why the continued existence of a show you obviously don't like should bother you so much.

Because some people just simply have to complain for everyone to hear instead of simply avoiding something they don't care about.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1