Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals English Dub Cast for Nanbaka Anime




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
AceLuffy4Ever



Joined: 30 Aug 2015
Posts: 222
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:16 am Reply with quote
Is this show any good???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ParaChomp



Joined: 10 Dec 2010
Posts: 1018
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:33 am Reply with quote
AceLuffy4Ever wrote:
Is this show any good???
It's okay. Enjoyable, silly, and inoffensive, but outside of its color palette, it's bland. I enjoy it but I can't recommend it.

Some newer talent? Excited to hear what it sounds like. Wonder if they'll incorporate the character's ethnicities into the foreign characters. Also curious if it will be a gag dub. I don't know why but something's telling me that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Animechic420



Joined: 25 Sep 2012
Posts: 1592
Location: A Cave Filled With Riches
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:49 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:
Some newer talent? Excited to hear what it sounds like. Wonder if they'll incorporate the character's ethnicity into the foreign characters. Also curious if it will be a gag dub. I don't know why but something's telling me that.

As far as the four MCs go, they're not gonna do accents. Uno won't sound British, Rock & Nico won't sound like they grow up on the rough streets of New York or Chicago. I don't know about the other characters yet. They might.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
getchman
He started itHe started it


Joined: 07 Apr 2012
Posts: 8694
Location: Bedford, NH
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 9:48 am Reply with quote
ParaChomp wrote:


Also curious if it will be a gag dub. I don't know why but something's telling me that.


nope, nothing like that as of ep 1. playing things straightforward
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
hack5



Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 158
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:36 am Reply with quote
Is it just me but i find they are starting off pretty late with the simuldub,i mean they have not even really started on or finish spring and summer anime and now they are jumping on the fall anime.They use to be like some episodes behind the sub version but now they now they are waay behind.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
D00dleB0Y



Joined: 08 May 2015
Posts: 119
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:53 pm Reply with quote
hack5 wrote:
Is it just me but i find they are starting off pretty late with the simuldub,i mean they have not even really started on or finish spring and summer anime and now they are jumping on the fall anime.They use to be like some episodes behind the sub version but now they now they are waay behind.


Nope. You are completely wrong. They have been done with spring for a while now and have recently been finished with summer. The simuldubs are more or less on schedule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hack5



Joined: 09 Jun 2015
Posts: 158
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 6:56 pm Reply with quote
D00dleB0Y wrote:
hack5 wrote:
Is it just me but i find they are starting off pretty late with the simuldub,i mean they have not even really started on or finish spring and summer anime and now they are jumping on the fall anime.They use to be like some episodes behind the sub version but now they now they are waay behind.


Nope. You are completely wrong. They have been done with spring for a while now and have recently been finished with summer. The simuldubs are more or less on schedule.


Really! they now started joker game ,orange and 91 days etc they are now at episode 2 or 3 im not sure but to me they are way behind
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group