• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Tiger & Bunny Again Tops Fan Poll of Desired Anime Sequels

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AnimeLordLuis

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:49 am Reply with quote
I agree Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is long overdue for a second season. Cool
Fenrin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:53 am Reply with quote
Yes please. My heart skipped a beat because I thought this was news on the live-action, which I'm SO EXCITED FOR. It feels like it's taking a while to get off the ground compared to Ghost in the Shell, despite the director's obvious love for the show.
theNightster

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
AnimeLordLuis wrote:
I agree Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt is long overdue for a second season. Cool
I would love to see more Panty and Stocking but at the same time doing another season would kill the ending's joke.
KH91

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:00 am Reply with quote
I want T&B to return as well. They need to stop playing around.

Geass is coming. Very Happy A week and a few days.

Anime gods, here my cry! DTB needs to return.
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:01 am Reply with quote
But... Macross has had about 6 sequels?
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:15 am Reply with quote
My favorite superheroes anime T&B does need a 2nd season. We don't talk of PP2. They are old but I also want new seasons for Marimite, Bamboo Blade, Skip Beat! Embarassed . Like there are too many materials left to work on them.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:16 am Reply with quote
Quote:
9.Macross

Seriously?
^__^v

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:13 am Reply with quote
Mr Adventure wrote:

Now that the latest series ended, I think the main reason is fans don't want to wait for another set number of years for the next one. There was a wait of 8 years between the last two TV series (5 between a movie and the latest TV series). Or perhaps fans who did not like the handling of the latest TV series want something new to wash themselves over with: A complete makeover or alternative version in a form of a movie (in which the predecessors in the franchise had them), or something unrelated. Another possible reason is perhaps more Macross music? I have come across a few Delta fans wanting that request. Their wish might be granted soon with a movie (or OVA).

//

Forgive the number of edits. :p I tend to revise my writing and/or forgot to add something.

Last edited by ^__^v on Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:29 am; edited 15 times in total
Mr Adventure

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:17 am Reply with quote
^__^v wrote:
Mr Adventure wrote:

Now that the latest instalment ended, I think fans in particular, don't want to wait for another set number of years for the next series. There was a wait of 8 years between the last two. The last one just ended.

Fair enough. But I almost want to say a slow drip is better then a flood. Especially how Delta was received (the odd number curse, still intact)

Plus there was that PS3 30th anniversary game to help tide things over between Frontier and Delta.
Saku-dono

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:53 am Reply with quote
Sure, I also want T&B to have a sequel, but Kekkaishi remains my #1 anime to have a sequel!
MagusGuardian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:50 am Reply with quote
idk I wanna see more tiger and bunny cause hell I love the show and they left one major thing unanswered
tootbrush

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:42 am Reply with quote
Delta didn't have much of an ending, so I'm not surprised to see Macross on the list.

I am surprised to see Mononoke and Dennou Coil though. I guess the poll's sex ratio has something to do with that.

DTB2 is long overdue. They did make another anime with DTB in the title, but it fell so far short of the bar set by the original that it's not worth remembering.
garlogan78

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:57 am Reply with quote
Dennou Coil is literally my favorite anime, but it doesn't need a sequel at all.
Dr.N0

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 7:26 am Reply with quote
I am delighted to see DtB cracking the top 10. It seems the fans in Japan have not forgotten. There is still hope!
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:06 am Reply with quote
Shirobako and Darker than Black would be my number 1 and 2 picks, respectively. I'm just surprised to see Panty & Stocking place so highly, considering it wasn't a hit in Japan. That shocking cliffhanger ending seemed more like a prank than a genuine desire to continue the show to me.

A Kabaneri sequel would only interest me if it actually delved into the origins of the Kabane plague. As for Macross, I guess it goes to show how unsatisfying Delta's ending was. Couldn't they just show us spoiler[what Lady M looks like, or at least explain why she got into genetic engineering and private military stuff, assuming she was really Minmay? And will anyone answer for Windermere's wartime atrocities or is Prince Heinz going to get away with it by blaming the whole thing on Roid?]

Last edited by Zhou-BR on Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2