• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Sentai FIlmworks to Release Utawarerumono: The False Faces With English Dub

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wonderwomanhero

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:36 am Reply with quote
I didn't even know there was an anime that was out 10 years ago. Seems to have the usual ADV mainstays. (even Shelley!) I miss those days.

Would I have to track down the original anime to understand this new one?
Random Name

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:54 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:
I didn't even know there was an anime that was out 10 years ago. Seems to have the usual ADV mainstays. (even Shelley!) I miss those days.

I can't answer your question since I have yet to see the new anime. But the first anime is very easily accessible through either Funimation stream or ~$20 SAVE edition. So not hard to track down and in my opinion worth a watch.
zztop

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:18 am Reply with quote
wonderwomanhero wrote:

Not necessarily, but the original does provide background for the universe.
Timeline-wise, False Faces is a direct sequel of the 1st one. There are some cameos from Game 1 in Faces, but they are not directly important to Faces's plot yet.
Game 3, The 2 Hakuoros, directly picks up where Faces ended, and Game 1's elements do become more prominent there.

Now its whether the Japanese will do an anime of Game 3.
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
This series was a MAJOR letdown.. talk about a whole lot of going nowhere and then when it starts going somewhere.. it ends! lol

I'd recommend watching the original.. and the OVA's I really enjoyed them.. however I could have passed on this and not missed anything.

If they release another season or continue it.. it might pan out but as it sits now... PASS
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1