• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Rozen Maiden Traumend dub~

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 9:16 pm Reply with quote
Hey all!
My name is Cristina, and Kanaria is my first leading role as a voice actress. Very Happy
Like so many of the newer voice actors, I'm an anime fan and have been since grade school~
I know the DVD is hard to come by, but if you do own it I would love to hear your opinions on Kanaria's voice and the dub in general.
I'm looking forward to your honest critiques! I'm always looking to improve~ Smile
PantsGoblin
Subscriber
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:40 am Reply with quote
Oh wow. I remember you from that thread you posted about a year ago now. Your voice sounded pretty good. Congratulations on getting a major role in such a popular anime. Rozen Maiden is awesome...

Cristina Vee wrote:
I know the DVD is hard to come by

Uhhhh... I didn't even think it was available, with all that has happened with Geneon and everything. When it does come out though, I will look forward to listening to your voice. Edit: Oh, apparently it was released before the cut-off. I didn't know they started releasing it before even finishing releasing the first series...
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:43 am Reply with quote
You're okay, keep at it Smile
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:52 am Reply with quote
While I haven't heard your voice as of yet, waiting on Netflix to send me my copy of season 1 right now actually (last one was too scratched for one of the volumes) I do have a question. Maybe you can answer it maybe you can't. The whole Geneon debacle comes in the middle of Traumend's run right? Did you guys manage to finish the dub already in time before the whole fiasco going on or not? Just curious because assuming you do a good job, I'll know soon enough, it would be a shame to have the dub stop in the middle of the run.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Well do to Geneon deciding to realign itself during the middle of a full lineup of shows, I have not heard Traumend. Sorry. But what I can say is that I did enjoy the first seasons dub overall, so all I can offer is if you feel you were up to par with that, then I am sure you did great! Hopefully we will all be able to hear it for real sooner rather than later, so that we can give you a better critique. Many people aren't going to buy the first volume to the second season, when no one knows if the last two will ever be released. So from as it stands now, all we can do is speculate. I am sure you did fine Cool

Oh and as PantsGoblin said, congratulations on landing this role. Rozen Maiden is a great show, and Kanaria should be a great role.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Redbeard 101
Oscar the Grouch
Forums Superstar

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:35 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
Well do to Geneon deciding to realign itself during the middle of a full lineup of shows, I have not heard Traumend. Sorry. But what I can say is that I did enjoy the first seasons dub overall, so all I can offer is if you feel you were up to par with that, then I am sure you did great! Hopefully we will all be able to hear it for real sooner rather than later, so that we can give you a better critique. Many people aren't going to buy the first volume to the second season, when no one knows if the last two will ever be released. So from as it stands now, all we can do is speculate. I am sure you did fine Cool

Oh and as PantsGoblin said, congratulations on landing this role. Rozen Maiden is a great show, and Kanaria should be a great role.

Well there is hope for Traumend. I mean BL managed to get the same cast to finish out the dubbing and it's at about the same place as Rozen Maiden, if not a dvd behind it in terms of total length and dvd's released. So don't loose all hope. Just started the first volume myself and I agree with dargon that if your role and job is on par with the rest so far then I would imagine you did a good job.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1