• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Voice Acting demo reels~ :3

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:54 pm Reply with quote
Hello all!
My name is Cristina. I'm an aspiring voice actress looking to share my work and recieve some feedback from a wider audience.
I've posted my home-made demo reel below and I hope that you will take a listen and provide some feedback. Also, feel free to post your reel and recieve feedback as well!

I'm right here! ( stream)
Running time: 1:16
Size: 1 mb
Mixed by: Nikki Jones (with some clips by Tam Tu Bui)

I know my boy voices and lower voices need work. Any other comments will be greatly appreciated![/url]
Kevlar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:08 pm Reply with quote
lol you know thats actually pretty dam good. Had me smiling! Yeah some of the boy voices could use a little more work but for the most part even they were pretty good. I like your natural voice too at the end, you seem to have been born with the vocal pattern of a voice actor! It all sounds very natural. Keep practicing the boy voices and post them up sometime too!
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 4:03 pm Reply with quote
Thanks so much for your comment!
I'll be sure to post some new clips once I've shown some noticible improvement. Anime hyper
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:40 pm Reply with quote
You know, I'm pretty hard on people like you, but that wasn't half bad. In fact, it sounded basically like what you'd hear in a standard dub.

I think you'd have a pretty good shot at doing this professionally. The only comment I have, really, is that your voice is remarkably similar to most of the other female voice actors out there; you sound almost a little too generic, if you get what I'm saying.

But yeah, good work. Good luck!
Riyousha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 5:56 pm Reply with quote
Wow. You're voice is acually good. It's perfect. You know, like you, I do good job on voices, too (e.g. Kakashi's voice, Optimus's voice, and Solid Sanke's voice). But you have a talented voice. I give it two thumbs way up. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
Bosque

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 7:21 pm Reply with quote
¡Great!
I really like when I understand americans talking (I´m castillian-talker), I think you did a great job, and knowing something about recording techniques and blabla is a plus, i think. ¡I liked your voice acting really much! ¡and it's really sexy! Congratulations.

Bye, take care.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Cristina Vee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:59 am Reply with quote
Thank you guys for the nice comments. I've done some professional work for Bang Zoom, but nothing major.
I hope that with some acting/voice classes I'll be able to create some voices that are all my own~ Very Happy
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 2:17 am Reply with quote
Before I sign off, I actually took the time to hear the clip. And I have to say that it actually sounds pretty good, but like you yourself said, you need work on certain male character voices that you put in there. I've only heard amateurs at AX, and a lot of them weren't great, but your wording and such was put into good motion, plus you made yourself heard very well. Like the others, I say a good job to you, and keep it up, you might actually make it. Cool
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1