• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Anime Enters Anime-Original Arc Starting on March 19

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kenatsu

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:15 am Reply with quote
And people say One piece isnt full of filler... Is it just me or lately they have been taking their sweet time wasting it so that they dont catch up to the manga Evil or Very Mad
Artemis X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:22 am Reply with quote
Thank god, this is just what the anime needed.
NitwitsWorld

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:31 am Reply with quote
kenatsu wrote:
And people say One piece isn't full of filler... Is it just me or lately they have been taking their sweet time wasting it so that they don't catch up to the manga. Evil or Very Mad

A little too mad about a filler arc even though it hasn't come out yet? Plus, we don't know how many episodes this will take. At best it'll be like 3 or 4 episodes at most. We be lucky if it were a 5. But to each their own?
HueyLion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:36 am Reply with quote
Aokiji?! U got me interested now! And hey makes it easier on Oda to extend the gap between the manga and anime.
Artemis X

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:39 am Reply with quote
I hope its like around at least 12-15 or something like that. That will give the anime enough time to let the manga push on ahead. That means arcs such as the Reverie and wano kingdom will not be rushed and thats a good thing.
thekingsdinner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:32 am Reply with quote
Don't think it'll last much longer than 4-5 episodes as Toei usually does. I'll be honest, I want it to last longer because the anime is so damn close to the manga (Oda tends to take quite a few breaks after all).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Nekelen Tinsley

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 4:59 am Reply with quote
kenatsu wrote:
And people say One piece isnt full of filler... Is it just me or lately they have been taking their sweet time wasting it so that they dont catch up to the manga Evil or Very Mad

With the way oda takes breaks the last thing they wanna do is fully catch up to the manga. The pacing is already bad imo it doesn't need to get any worse. This filler whether you wanna admit it or not is what one piece needs more then anything right now.
Wandering Samurai

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:37 am Reply with quote
kenatsu wrote:

You don't want to catch up to the manga. There have been quite a few anime series that I thought were great until they caught up to their manga counterparts and had to come up with some BS ending. Also, you must not have been around for the Dressrosa arc because they were practically pacing at one chapter per episode, plus adding in some filler stuff to compensate as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
BrainBlow

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:06 am Reply with quote
Whoa, they finally admit the anime needs a filler arc??
Well, they're four years too late to reignite my interest in the anime. But hey, this may just salvage the show for those still keeping up for whatever reason. Hopefully it's gonna be a long one.

12-20 episodes of filler would save the anime's pacing for another 5-8 years.
Oda's work effort is crazy good, and Toei has for years been spoiled rotten by Oda putting almost enough content in each chapter to fill up an episode by itself.
ssj1236

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:15 am Reply with quote
Praise the lord.
I really hope this lasts more than 30 episodes or something, No point of starting a filler arc for it to only last a couple of episodes.
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:27 am Reply with quote
The dumb part about this is that they don't even need a filler arc. If they just animate the short stories that appear at the beginning of each chapter like they used to that would be more than enough to space out the anime from the manga.

And the filler has been boring since the G-8 arc, that was the last good one.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:14 am Reply with quote
ultimatehaki wrote:
The dumb part about this is that they don't even need a filler arc. If they just animate the short stories that appear at the beginning of each chapter like they used to that would be more than enough to space out the anime from the manga.

The solution isn't the cover stories, that gets you 10 episodes at best, you need an honest Filler Arc that gives you a couple months of leeway. Also FIller can be good, you yourself praised G-8, one of two decent to good fillers in One Piece, the other being the Ice hunters.
SpaceTheGamer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:27 am Reply with quote
Please Toei take your time with this one. Make it at least 10 episodes long. Widen the gap so you can have better pacing with canon stuff.
SkerllyF

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:03 am Reply with quote
Ah, hypocresy at its finest. When I thought some people would be happy for this because this could be an interesting story, instead I find out that they´re pleasedwith this happening because it will not affect the adaptation negatevely. Of course I want the latter to happen as well for the fans but God...
ultimatehaki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2017 9:08 am Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
ultimatehaki wrote:

The solution isn't the cover stories, that gets you 10 episodes at best, you need an honest Filler Arc that gives you a couple months of leeway. Also FIller can be good, you yourself praised G-8, one of two decent to good fillers in One Piece, the other being the Ice hunters.

All the short stories right now could easily get them 5-6 months. if they want to screw with the pacing on that fine, half a year could easily be squeezed from all the ones that has passed so far.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3