• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
GAME: NieR: Automata

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FloozyGod

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
Great, looks like I'll be getting this one!
meiam

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
Quote:
It wasn't gameplay alone that built Yoko Taro's reputation as a trickster marvel

Ummm... it wasn't gameplay at all. The review seems to imply that drakengard 3 and nier are fondly remembered for there gameplay. That would literally be the first I'd hear this opinion, as even the most ardent fan of these two games agree that the gameplay was barebone and boring.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:24 pm Reply with quote
The solid gameplay, amazing soundtrack, great voice acting, interesting characters, deep lore, and a very good story told in a unique way; all combine to make Nier Automata the best game of 2017 so far. My only competitor to claiming Nier as GOTY will be P5.
whiskeyii

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 5:58 pm Reply with quote
meiam wrote:

Ummm... it wasn't gameplay at all. The review seems to imply that drakengard 3 and nier are fondly remembered for there gameplay. That would literally be the first I'd hear this opinion, as even the most ardent fan of these two games agree that the gameplay was barebone and boring.

I remember some early NieR reviews saying the perspective switches were interesting, but pretty badly executed, but that's as far as I can recall the gameplay praise going--Drakengard 3 was pretty roundly mocked for its unstable framerate.

Still, glad to get this review; with no PS4, and no spare cash to get one in the foreseeable future, getting this on PC is pretty much the only "Yay 2017!" game I'll have access to; thankfully, I'm a die-hard NieR fan. Anime hyper
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
The review reminds me a lot of Casshern Sins...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1