• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Archers Who Always Hit Their Mark

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FilthyCasual

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:20 am Reply with quote
Rather than whatshername from Isuca, I'd have gone with Tigre from Vanadis. Incredible accuracy? Check. Magic beam bow that runs on the power of questionable death goddesses? Check. Having an infinitely more watchable show and readable source material? More checks than a bank.

Last edited by FilthyCasual on Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:40 am; edited 1 time in total
jutsuri

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:42 am Reply with quote
No Nasu no Yoichi? He's a legendary archer and actual historical figure, not just an anime character.
Random Name

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 10:59 am Reply with quote
FilthyCasual wrote:
Rather than whatshername from Isuca, I'd have gone with Tigre from Vanadis. Incredible accuracy? Check. Magic beam bow that runs on the power of questionable death goddesses? Check? Having an infinitely more watchable show and readable source material? More checks than a bank.

This
Double Mangekyo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:00 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Rather than whatshername from Isuca, I'd have gone with Tigre from Vanadis.

Seconded. I was really surprised to see him missing from this list. Confused
yuna49

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
Farangis in Arslan Senki deserves a mention in this list.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:12 am Reply with quote
You joke, right? Kagome missed a hell of a lot of arrows. Try Kikyou.
Touma

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:36 am Reply with quote
I have no arguments with this list. I agree with all of those that I am familiar with.
If I was making my own list I would include Morgan from Tears to Tiara. She is an awesome archer and a great character, for me.

I did not vote in the new poll because I do not particularly like any of the fire-type Pokemon that I have seen.

For the previous poll it was a bit disappointing that my favorite Gundam opening was only number 10, but I guess that is not really too bad. I wish that the poll results included the number of votes.

DmonHiro wrote:
Kagome missed a hell of a lot of arrows.

In the beginning, yes.
But as the article mentioned she kept practicing and got much better. By the end of the series I thought she she was an excellent archer, and contributed greatly to the survival of the group.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
maximilianjenus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:58 am Reply with quote
well at least he girl form sao did not make the list, that's refreshing.
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:03 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
This supernatural romcom flew under the radar in 2015, partly because legal streaming picked it up late in the season.

Well CR wasn't the one that picked it up late. The show premiered late in the season (Jan 23), and the stream started the same day.
Mai Yukino

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:09 pm Reply with quote
I agree with those who mentioned Tigre of Madan no Ou to Vanadis, Farangis of Arslan Senki, and Nasu no Yoichi.

I'd also like to mention Yume of Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.

As for the results for the Gundam OP songs in the polls, I'm glad the songs I voted for made the Top 5, those being Gundam Wing's "Just Communication" and Gundam 00's "DAYBREAK'S BELL" and "Ash Like Snow". I also love "Rhythm Emotion" as well as another favorite Gundam opening song of mine.

Last edited by Mai Yukino on Sun Mar 19, 2017 4:31 am; edited 2 times in total
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
mai yukino wrote:
Farangis of Arslan Senki, and Nasu no Yoichi.

HELL YEAH! Also, where the hell is Angewomon?!
Xavon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:05 pm Reply with quote
Eighth (or whatever) Tigre; especially for being stupidly awesome with a bow in a world where archery is considered trash.

And what about Sinon? She shot a sword out of the air while balancing on the head of a flying elephant jellyfish thing. Not just with a normal arrow, but with a corded arrow, so she could reel the sword back in.
SejinPK

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Regarding archers, I wanted to mention Rain Mikamura from G Gundam, Ouka Hayasaka from Busou Renkin, and Sniper/Kaname Hagiri from Yu Yu Hakusho (he's technically not an archer, but neither is Archer from Fate/Stay Night). I'm not surprised none of them are on the list, and I don't really think they should be, because the first two are lesser known/less popular, and the third isn't technically an archer (though he has perfect accuracy). I just wanted to throw them out there as archers in anime.

For the poll, I chose Chandelure, Litten, and Volcarona. Other very close runner-ups are Arcanine and Houndoom. For Groudon's entry on the list, if you want to be super-accurate, technically only its Primal Reversion form is part fire-type, while normal Groudon is pure ground-type (so maybe add a little note if you think it's important enough, like there are with some of the other Pokemon on the list).
explosionforgov

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:14 pm Reply with quote
Touma wrote:
In the beginning, yes.
But as the article mentioned she kept practicing and got much better. By the end of the series I thought she she was an excellent archer, and contributed greatly to the survival of the group.

Agreed. I think Kikyo comes off as a better archer only because when we "met" her, she'd already gotten through her "training arc," so to speak. We didn't see any of the times she presumably tried and failed, as most people do when they're learning to do anything.

In terms of archers that weren't on the list, I'd probably say Decidueye from Pokémon, though I'm not sure if it's appeared in the anime yet. I'm sure there's also a lot of bow-and-arrow-using Duel Monsters cards, though I can't remember any specific ones offhand.

Would Hawkeye count on a technicality? I know there's been a few Marvel anime, but I'm not sure if he's shown up in any of them.
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 18, 2017 3:21 pm Reply with quote
So which of these characters could stand amongst the likes of Green Arrow and Hawkeye in terms of archery?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3